Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game similar to Sim city, but like C&C as well

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

I want to play an ongoing game where you can build up an army base and forces like in command and conquer, but have it last forever like sim city

Are there any games like that?

==]--s1lents0ul-->

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

I know there are games like civilization. Are there others?

==]--s1lents0ul-->

#3 Triet Huynh

Triet Huynh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Company of Heroes is a good one, but it doesn't last forever. Men of War is another game you can try, you build up a small army and it could last forever if you never advance. Mount and Blade lets you build up your own army, and there are elements of castle development in the game. Some other games worth trying are Tropico 3/4. Other than that, I don't think there is any game out there were it could truly last indefinitely.

#4 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Well, I read an article where a guy was playing a single game of Civilization for 10 years - he had the world so far advaced, it was past the point developers could have predicted - they were amazed.

this got me thinking about wanting to play games like that, just instead of building a civilization or country - I would want to build an army or army base and manage it like command and conquer and build units and defenses - but have it never end.

Thank you for your reply, I am going to look into those games

==]--s1lents0ul-->

#5 Dacar92

Dacar92

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Here is the guys Reddit post on the long Civ game.  Just google 10 year civ game and there are several articles on it too.

What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

#6 Triet Huynh

Triet Huynh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Here is the guys Reddit post on the long Civ game.  Just google 10 year civ game and there are several articles on i

I've already read it a while back but I don't think S1lents0ul is planning to spend a couple years on a game.

#7 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

Lol no I dont want to spend years on a game - and I read the article - its what made me post this topic

==]--s1lents0ul-->

#8 sweachha

sweachha

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

well I read that too. time to worry and find a new one.

#9 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

I know this thread is a bit old, but you should check out the Anno 2070. It's like CIV in that you're building and managing provinces, but it's more like C&C in that everything is controlled as a RTS instead of turn based. Lot's of stuff going on so it's easy to get really attached to one game without quickly beating the game or having to worry about the AI players becoming push overs.

#10 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

cool thanks!

==]--s1lents0ul-->

#11 Who?

Who?

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

europa universaillis hearts of iron any paradox strategy game infinite time and each playthough is different :) 

#12 RochellGalindo

RochellGalindo

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

There are so many games that are similar to the Sim city like Megapolis and Banished and games similar to the C&C are The Settlers online, Forge of Empire, Stronghold Kingdoms etc. Both games are nice games to play, they really offers the best skill, management and strategy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users