Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Locked Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fain

fain

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

I'm going to leave this short and simple I've recently began having problems and it started 3 days ago and now everything is locked up.

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite P755 and it was working 3 days ago but after I created another account my Control Panel locked up on my Administrator account and my Hard-drive went from it's original name to Local Disk (C:) I can't do anything that requires me to enter the Admin password because the interface to enter the password never pops up. Whenever I try to set the permissions to the (C:) disk all I get is the Access Denied message. 

I can't factory restore it without losing all my files (I can keep the user files as a backup file) so I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve the information from the disk then reset the PC to factory default.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

Before doing anything else...I would:

a.  Move all desired data files to another system or partition/drive.  To do this, you need access to another system and you need to remove the hard drive from your system and connect it to the second sysem.

b.  Run the appropriate hard drive diagnostic long/extended test on the drive in question.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users