Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Was this a virus attack or a nonthreatening computer glitch?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bigbrown411

bigbrown411

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

Back in January, my laptop suffered a major glitch. Numerous vertical bars were across my screen and it was glitching like crazy. I force shut down my computer and restarted it. When I restarted it, my computer worked fine like nothing had happened. I've been hit with at least 5 viruses since I got into computers and NEVER have I had a virus that disappeared when I restarted my computer I did a virus scan using my 2 year subscription of Webroot Secure Anywhere and a threat was detected. I'm worried that some of my files were infected because of this "virus." I don't think this is a virus for 4 reasons:
1) I'm being protected by Webroot Secure Anywhere. If a paid anti-virus software won't protect me, what will
2) This happened back in January. Since then, the only problems I've had with my computer was 2 blue screens, but I'm guessing those were unrelated to this "glitch."
3) I've done numerous virus scans. Not just with Webroot, but with Avast and 2 other anti-virus softwares (I don't have them running at the same time. I just wanted to try some other anti-virus softwares). The only thing was detected was that file I mentioned earlier.
4) No physical proof that any of my files have been infected.

Do you think this was a virus attack or some kind of computer glitch that I shouldn't worry about, I've been very paranoid about this because I need to back up some files on my external hard drive and I worry that some of my files my be secretly infected and when I transfer the files to my external hard drive, it might infect the rest of my files and make them corrupted. I know this doesn't make sense, but when I get paranoid about things, I get PARANOID.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users