Hey. I got serious problems happening to my computer, that's been happening for at least a week and seems it's just getting worse. I have Windows 7 64 bit, SP1.
So anyway, my computer has been acting fine before (fine as in, taking 5 minutes to boot Windows, and the occasional, rare ful system lockup).
One day, Windows Update got a lot of Important updates. I got Windows Update set to download the updates but let me choose to install them. So I did. Computer restarted, all but two updates failed. Another update gotten them.
Since then, my computer has been acting strange. This is what has been happening;
- BSODs; "MEMORY_MANAGMENT" mainly. I saw this before when my computer was very dusty. After de-dusting, the BSOD's stopped. Now they're back.
- Programs like Firefox and Thunderbird crashing for no reason. Reinstalling doesn't fix the issues.
- Windows Search crashing for no reason. I "fixed" it before by waiting for hours for it to do a new index. Now it's corrupt again.
- When booting up computer, CHKDSK sometimes pops up to scan my C drive for issues, and always finding some.
- Windows' System Maintenance (the Action Center thing) keeps telling me of "Disk volume errors" being detected.
Here's what I've done so far to try to fix the issues;
- Use Disk Cleanup
- Ran CCleaner (standard and registry cleaning)
- Scanned for viruses
So, viruses. I have ran SUPERAntiSpyware and all it found was Cookies. Spybot Search & Destroy.. found something it can't seem to remove. A "Win32.Downloader.gen". Calls it Malware. So I searched and went to a site, who said to come here and ask.
I'm currently running MalwareBytes Free. I'm not even sure if removing this will fix these issues. I fear it's something much worse that I have to replace my drives, or reinstall Windows.
Edited by Benie, 05 June 2013 - 12:18 AM.