Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old Toys and Retro Stuff

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rana125

Rana125

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

So I came across this the other day at the local flea market. Do you remember it?

viewmaster-the-movie.jpg

I had at least 100 of those viewmasters cards, LOL! Kept me busy for hours as a kid...

Anyone got a favorite picture of their favorite toy or something from the past?

Edited by Rana125, 04 June 2013 - 02:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

woody%252520doll.jpg

Hell yeah.

Hulk_Tag.png

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Not exactly what I had but real close:

4466293081_7aeb90d2c7_b.jpg

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Galvatron84

Galvatron84

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

I remember that viewmaster. I had one, too! I had cardsets of Masters of the Universe, the Muppets, something with dinosaurs, Neverending Story, ...

Speaking of MOTU: I had pretty much all the vintage stuff from the 80s, the action figures, the comics, the vehicles and playsets, but I gave it all away when I was a teenager. :axe:

Now I started to collect the MOTU Classics toyline - these things are upgraded versions of the vintage line, but they keep the classic look intact. Really cool stuff!

Edited by Galvatron84, 13 June 2013 - 05:13 AM.

#5 DarkSnake-Kobra

DarkSnake-Kobra

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

So I came across this the other day at the local flea market. Do you remember it?

viewmaster-the-movie.jpg

I had at least 100 of those viewmasters cards, LOL! Kept me busy for hours as a kid...

Anyone got a favorite picture of their favorite toy or something from the past?

No picture, but I do remember getting something like this for Christmas when I was around 5-8 from my aunt. :)

#6 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:20 AM

Yes we had one downstairs that was my grandmothers and I recently brought it upstairs,every now and then i look thru it :)

#7 Galvatron84

Galvatron84

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

I remember you always had to hold the viewmaster against the sun (or probably better: a lightbulb in your room) while watching through it to get a get a clear and bright view. Since it worked via two seperate pics some card sets almost had a certain three-dimensional quality. I also remember a very cool visiual effect in the Masters of the Universe set in a scene where a laser cannon was fired: the one pic had a yellow laser beam, the other pic had a red laser beam - now your mind played a trick on you: it gave you the impression that the laser beam was glowing red and yellow at the same time, almost like flickering fire. A very cool and simple effect that shows what great ideas the toy companies had back then and how they tricked and amazed us kids without using any digital technology. The companies had imagination, which fed our imagination. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users