Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Port Failure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Osirian08

Osirian08

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

I have a baffling problem which I could really do with some help on...

When trying to download a youtube video via the keepvid website - http://www.keepvid.com Chrome is crashing as soon as the Java Applet launches to retrieve the video download links. confused.gif

However in addition to hanging, the USB ports on the PC all stop responding eek.gif - taking down my internet connection at the same time as I'm using a wireless USB adapter. I then have to reboot the PC to get USB functionaity back !

I have no idea why this is suddenly happening as I was able to use this website quite happily a couple of weeks ago. If I revert back to using IE8 (which I really don't want to do) the website works fine

I'm running XP professional with service pack 3. Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masher92

masher92

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hi Osirian08,

From Google Chrome, could you please follow this link to verifiy your Java version is current.  If you could confirm whether you have the recommended Java version installed or not.

Could you please download this software (MiniToolBox) and save it to your desktop.

If you could then run it and select the following tick boxes:

•   List last 10 Event Viewer log
  •   List Installed Programs
  •   List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

If you could then copy the contents of the text file produced in your next post.

Thank you, Masher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users