Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft office accounting 2007, help please

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 med109

med109

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

I recently bought a new computer, and moved all my files from the old to new with no issues. The only one I can't figure out is MS Office Accounting 2007. It is installed on my new computer, and when I open it it gives me numerous options including "open existing company". When I click, it opens a box to choose what company I want to open, it includes my company, and some sample companies. I click my company and I get the following error message "CURRENT VERSION OF THE ACCOUNTING APPLICATION DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS APPLICATION"

One of the troubleshooting things on Microsoft website says it may be because my old computer and new computer have different names. So I followed the following resolution....

To resolve this problem, rebuild the company file in Accounting Express and in Accounting Professional. To do this, follow these steps:

1.Use the appropriate method:◦In Accounting Express, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Accounting Tools, and then click Data Tools.

2.In the Microsoft Office Accounting Data Utilities dialog box, click Rebuild.
3. In the Rebuild Company File dialog box, select the name of the company file that you want to rebuild.
4.Click Rebuild.
5.In the Select Company File dialog box, type a new company file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
6.Click OK.
7.In the Rebuild Company File dialog box, click Close.
8.In the Microsoft Office Accounting Data Utilities dialog box, click Close.
9.Start Accounting Express, and then open the company file.

When I got to step #3, my companies name was not listed as one that I could rebuild. So now I am stuck. Any ideas as to what I should do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

A few questions:

Were you running MS Office Accoutning 2007 on your old computer?

What operating system were you using on your old computer? What operating system are you using now? If your operating system on the new computer is a newer OS, you might want to try running Office Accounting in compatibility mode.

It appears this is a known issue, as a search of Microsoft support forums reveals a number of other users have had this exact same problem. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell if any of them were able to resolve the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users