Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow resuming after sleep

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bdford

bdford

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

My computer has been really slow after returning from sleep mode recently. I usually use my computer and then just shut it over night and when I use it next, it will sometimes freeze when I click on Google Chrome. Then I will wait for a while and it will continue being slow. So then I try to shut it down and it will freeze at "Logging Off." Then I'm forced to push the button to restart it again. I feel bad doing that every time, but I can't do anything else. I did go through my performance issues on my computer and it says that "Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver" and "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Reflector" are causing Windows to resume slowly. I don't know if I should uninstall them or what. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

Where did you see these "performance issues" stated?  Can you post the text of what you have read/seen?

Louis

#3 bdford

bdford
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

I went to control panel, then system and security, action center, then performance information and its under advanced tools. It says "Performance Issues" and underneath that it says "Performance can be improved by changing visual settings. View details." and then another one saying, "Drivers are interfering with Windows resuming from sleep mode. View details." I clicked on the second one about the drivers and it says "These drivers are causing Windows to resume slowly" and it's "Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver" and "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Reflector." It also states the filename, publisher, device, date reported, and time taken of them each. it says at the bottom, "If you no longer use the device, consider uninstalling it." But I don't know if I should.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Do you have the Drivers CD which should have come with the system?

Louis

#5 bdford

bdford
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

it's Dell and model N5010. And I'm not sure. I would have to look 

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Per http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg463301.aspx :

Which device classes and driver models does UMDF support?
UMDF supports devices such as the following:

• Digital cameras
  • Portable media players
  • Cell phones
  • Personal digital assistants (PDAs)
  • Other devices, such as USB, that connect to a protocol bus

I would go to Device Manager...uninstall the graphics driver...reboot...then reinstall same.

The Windows Driver Foundation is a service.

Go Start/Run...type services.msc and hit Enter.  Scroll down to Windows Driver Foundation...tell me what the status and startup type reflect is (mine reads Started/Automatic).

If you don't have your drivers CD, you can download various drivers for your system from http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-15-intel-n5010 .  I would download the Chipset driver (Intel HM57  Express) and the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator driver for Win 7-64.  Be sure to uninstall the current graphics driver before attempting install of the new...no need to uninstall the chipset driver, it just writes over.

Louis

#7 bdford

bdford
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Ok. Is it called Intel ® HD Graphics? Is that what I need to uninstall? Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing. And for the Windows Driver it says "Started/Manual"

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

If you are in Device Manager...there is a list of component/funcctions.  Scroll down to Display Adapter...doubleclick.  The name of the detailed item now revealed doesn't matter...double-click it, click on the Driver tab...click Uninstall.

On the Windows Drivver Foundation service...please change the manual setting...to automatic.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 04 June 2013 - 05:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users