Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything on flash drive GONE!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moltres Rider

Moltres Rider

• Banned
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

I have a San Disk Cruzr flash drive that has 7GB of data stored on it and when I plug it in THERE IS NOTHING THERE the drive says 100% free space and worse of all NO FILES!!! they ARE NOT hidden or turned to shortcuts or anything as what Google results turned!!! Google had NOTHING on how or ANYBODY ELSE with EVERYTHING COMPLETELY GONE from a flash drive!!! and I NEVER heard of such a thing and apparently Google DOESN'T EITHER!!!! so, what happened to ALL my files on my flash drive????? data recovery programs see no files either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

It sounds like it got formatted, Im not sure how, it could be a plethora of reasons, there are programs to recover lost data though so if you had important stuff on there you may be able to get it back with some expense

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Hi,

I feel for you - data loss is no joke. Try a program called 'Recuva', it's by Piriform and it's free. You can get it here :

http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users