Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello and Thank You!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PARidge

PARidge

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hello from steamy southeast Louisiana! I found you guys today while I was ensuring I properly removed a good 430+ infections my son managed to install on my old laptop I loaned him. I was pleased to see that ESET and Malwarebytes (the two I was working with) were recommended as effective on all of the program names I searched (i.e.- playbryte and stuff like that - he tried downloading too many "free" games). SO now I'm still trying to get this laptop in full working order, and the last few things I have to do are replace the keyboard, audio jacks, and internal speakers. The question I have is this: Do I really have to pull out all of the cards and rip it apart to access the speakers, as I saw in the disassemble vid I saw on youtube? I have a Dell Inspiron 1720. I did order a usb soundcard with audio jacks so I can run external speakers, but I'd really like to get the internal speakers up and running as well. Thanks in advance!

[Moderator edit and note: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw]

Edited by jgweed, 04 June 2013 - 08:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hi PARidge,

You will need to remove the Optical Drive, Hard Drive, Hinge Cover, Keyboard, Display Assembly, Bluetooth Card and Palm Rest to access the speakers. You may download service manual from the following link for instructions:
http://www.dell.com/support/Manuals/us/en/04/Product/inspiron-1720

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

#3 PARidge

PARidge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

Thanks for the reply. That's pretty much in line with what's shown on the disassemble video. I just wanted to make sure they weren't taking extra steps for the full disassemble that need not be taken for what I'm looking to change. I printed out a copy of the manual earlier this morning, so when my parts come in, I should be set to go. I appreciate the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users