Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webcam software advice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lexmabbott

lexmabbott

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hello,

I recently purchased a Logitech webcam, the C910 model. I downloaded the software that comes with the webcam, but it has a glaring flaw; though I can set a countdown/timer to take a photo, it is only three seconds.

I need a program that lets me set a user-defined timer to take photos on my webcam. One with an option of only three seconds is no good to me. I also need my webcam quality to be maintained. I have looked all over the web and can find nothing that's compatible with my OS.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. 

Freeware is much preferred, nothing with spyware included please.

Thank you very much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hi lexmabbott and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Were you referring to this site? http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/hd-pro-webcam-c910?osid=14&bit=64

The device drivers are specific to models and their software utility functions AFAIK. Did you check the manual if nothing is relevant to that particular webcam model regarding the user-defined timer? Will look into it at a later time if there is such a particular software but as of now, it is up to the manufacturer to determine these improvements on later versions.

Tekken

#3 lexmabbott

lexmabbott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Yes, I've posted on the Logitech forum and an employee has told me this function is not currently available with the model I have. 

I'm wanting to know if there's a third party software that has a user-defined timer built in, simply for taking photographs.

Thank you.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

I have not used any 3rd party softwares regarding webcam functions but there may be available online but would not guarantee you it would work. See this one http://www.webcamxp.com/home.aspx

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users