Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Putting a mail icon on your Desktop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

I have searched my posts and cannot  find this item listed. I do hope it is not a  duplicate and sincerely apologise for my oversight if it is.

Right click any free area on the desktop.
Panel comes up, then New>Shortcut>Wizard>Browse>Desktop>OK>Next> give icon a name e.g Gmail Firefox>Finish - a new icon is now on the desktop.
Firefox Gmail :-
Right click the desktop Firefox icon >Properties
Copy CNRTL+C the existing target data shown blue including quotes.
Right click new icon - Properties>Target>delete existing data in box. 
copy CNTRL+V into Target box, then add <space>www.googlemail.com : 
You then have :
"C:\ProgramFiles\MozillaFirefox\firefox.exe" www.googlemail.com in the Target box. Note the space after .exe">Apply>OK. The new icon is now a Firefox icon and fully active. 
Click this new Gmail Firefox icon and the Firefox browser is opened at Gmail sign- on.

Repeat this procedure exactly for Yahoo, but adding <space>www.mail.yahoo.com to the same copied target data as for Gmail, making :-
"C:\ProgramFiles\MozillaFirefox\firefox.exe" www.mail.yahoo.com in the Target box.
The new icon name would now be - Yahoo Firefox.

Follow these exact same procedures for Chrome or any other browser by simply adjusting the target data accordingly and adding the appropriate mail data as described.

On testing, it took me only 1 minute 15 seconds to complete the entire procedure from start to finish to create ONE icon.

See :-

DesktopMailIcons_zps87797f61.jpg

Edited by yabbadoo, 03 June 2013 - 04:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users