Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creating O/S disc images then searching them (to expedite back ups)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 drwmbt

drwmbt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Hi guys,

Just curious about an idea I had of using one of these linux live O/S's like PING or PartClone to create an entire disc image of my operating system/files and then store that in a external as my backup. This sounds like a better idea (and much easier) than my current process of finding/copying/pasting files one at a time.

My question is, how can i or are there any programs i can use to search these disc images and extract nk2's, docs', txt, you know any needed files out of the image after its created.

Im thinking of using ISO Buster or maybe DTools to mount the image but i may not get the desired results. Essentially I want to use these disc images not as backups per se but as file stores that allow me to open them and extract files as needed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users