Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software blocked by antiviruses

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 amberbhatnager

amberbhatnager

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

hi guys,
My software is continuously blocking by Antiviruses software (i.e McAfee, Norton) regardless it is properly signed by the verisign class 3 code signing certificate. 
  Form the time of installation only my setup .tmp file (signed) is blocking by these antiviruses. and no resolution is coming if i add my .tmp file exception to the antiviruses. and if anyhow i install my software then antivirus blocks software main working .exe file (signed).
  Please suggest me some solution.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

Hello -

Download Screen317 Security Check from Here and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt;
* Please Copy / Paste the contents of that document back here.

NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE (or a similar file) access the Internet, allow it to do so.
NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.

Thank You -

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Hi -

If you are not able to perform the scan listed above, please list your Security programs.

By this I mean all installed Antivirus program(s) and Antimalware program(s) that you know of -

Thank You -

#4 amberbhatnager

amberbhatnager
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

McAfee is detecting Screen317 Security Check as trojen.and blocking its download.

i have norton 360,trendmicro,kaspersky and mcafee in different machines.but  norton 360

and McAfee is giving more trouble.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

Please disable Mcafee if needed to do the scan, or just allow the program to run -

If you read in my first post I said to allow the program to work, even if a security program detects it.

We use program this every day in many areas, and I still have it on my desktop.

>> i have norton 360,trendmicro,kaspersky and mcafee in different machines.but  norton 360

and McAfee is giving more trouble. << How many programs are on each computer please ??

Please list one computer that has problems, and all Antivirus / Antimalware / Firewall programs you think are on that computer, if you will not run the program.

From there we can help you, but I must know All Security programs on one computer -

Thank You -

EDITED for spelling error -

Edited by noknojon, 03 June 2013 - 01:42 AM.

#6 Didier Stevens

Didier Stevens

• BC Advisor
  • 2,659 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

My software is continuously blocking by Antiviruses software (i.e McAfee, Norton) regardless it is properly signed by the verisign class 3 code signing certificate. 

What do you mean with "my software"? Is it software you developed and signed?

And when you say it is blocked, what is the name of the detection?

Didier Stevens
http://blog.DidierStevens.com
http://DidierStevensLabs.com

SANS ISC Handler
Microsoft MVP 2011-2016 Consumer Security, Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
MVP_Horizontal_BlueOnly.png

If you send me messages, per Bleeping Computer's Forum policy, I will not engage in a conversation, but try to answer your question in the relevant forum post. If you don't want this, don't send me messages.

Stevens' law: "As an online security discussion grows longer, the probability of a reference to BadUSB approaches 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users