Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't use system restore and erratic CPU usage when moving mouse

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Phep

Phep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hi.

My name is David andI have 3 issues with my Dell inspiron 1420 that I would really appreciate some help with. My computer has very high CPU usage when opening applications and moving the mouse, videos stutter frequently, and I can't use System Restore. At first I thought the CPU problem was being caused by some kind of bug so I went to the "Am I infected and what do I do?" forum. Broni, helped me and concluded it was not a malware problem. He referred me to the Malware Removal section and Gary helped me there. He also believes that it's not due to malicious stuff. Here are the links to the threads  in case you want to take a look.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495027/erratic-cpu-usage-spikes-during-mouse-movement-and-every-application/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495150/erratic-cpu-usage-spikes-during-mouse-movement-and-pretty-much-anything/

Anyways, I have reset my computer back to factory settings using the recovery partition and the cpu problem still exists (but it's not as bad) and the video stuttering remains. The computer is useable now and is a lot faster when opening applications, but now I can't use the System Restore program in addition to the CPU acting weird.

So before I describe what the symptoms are, here's somewhat of a baseline taken from Task Manager when my computer is idle.

• Looking at the Processes tab
    • System Idle Process is usually around 94 CPU
    • taskmgr.exe is usually around 6 CPU
    • chrome.exe is usually 00 CPU
  • Looking at the Performance tab
    • The CPU usage is usually around 2-5%

Problem 1; The CPU increases a lot and is very erratic when I do anything even when moving the mouse. Typically, the more vigorously I move the mouse, the higher these values become. Here is what Task Manager reports when I move the mouse in the specified windows:

• Looking at the Processes tab
    • When I move the mouse in the Task Manager window
      • System Idle Process decreases to 52-80 CPU
      • taskmgr.exe increases to 17-23 CPU
      • ApntEX.exe increases from 00 to around 02 CPU (comes in frequently, randomly, and is fleeting)
      • csrss.exe increases from 00 to around 02 CPU (same as above)
      • Apoint.exe increases from 00 to around 01 cpu (comes in less frequently than the previous two entries, but is also fleeting)
    • When I move the mouse in my desktop
      • System Idle Process decreases to 78-84 CPU
      • taskmgr.exe doesn't change from baseline
      • explorer.exe increases from 00-01 to around 06-09 CPU
      • ApntEx.exe increases from 00 to around 01 CPU
      • csrss.exe increases from 00 to around 01 CPU infrequently
      • (a lot of other stuff changes around which I can provide if it's needed)
    • When I move the mouse in Google Chrome
      • ​System Idle Process decreases to 76-83 CPU
      • chrome increases to about 9 CPU
      • taskmgr.exe remains around 6 CPU
      • ApntEX.exe increases from 00 to around 01 CPU
  • When looking at the Performance tab
    • When moving the mouse in Task Manager window
      • CPU usage increases to 7-12%
    • When moving the mouse on the Desktop
      • ​CPU usage increases to 18-25%
    • When moving the mouse in a chrome window
      • CPU usage increases to 25-34%
      • CPU usage increases to around 60% sometimes and stays for a few seconds (sometimes reaches 80%)

Problem 2: Videos stutter very frequently when I try to watch something. Could this be related to problem 1? it's just very annoying.

Problem 3: I can't use system restore. When I try, upon returning to the desktop, I get a dialogue box that says that the system restore could not complete and it tells me 'an unspecified reason" is why it won't work. I'm not sure why it won't work and ow to fix it so I'll try and provide everything I've done thus far to give you an idea of what may have happened.

After I was done with the factory reset, I updated vista to service pack 2 until i had no more updates left. Then I proceeded to download and update AVG and Malwarebytes antimalware. I downloaded Google Chrome and somewhere along the line, I got the sweetpack thing. Basically it just made two tabs when i opened chrome and one of them was the sweetpack tab. I removed it with the adware program by Xplode and used the online ESET scan. Everyting was clear. Then I proceeded to remove and uninstall all the applications I didn't want. I came across Dell Datasafe Online and assumed it was some kind of online backup application or something to save stuff online. I wanted to get rid of it, but got some kind of bluescreen when I tried. There was a lot of text and I didn't catch the information being shown. The computer rebooted and everything seemed fine (I'm not sure if this has anything to do with System Restore, but I thougt it was worth mentioning). 

Thank you for your time and for reading my really long post! 

David

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

Hi Phep :)

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

#3 Phep

Phep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

Hi Jhayz

Here's the link you requested.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Q5kKr7dOyGXYxgIyrcQXPym

#4 Phep

Phep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

So I restarted my computer in safe mode and System Restore works there. Also, the Performance tab in Task manager looks a lot better. It idles around 1-2% and moving the mouse inside the Task manager window gives CPU usage readings of up to 7% maximum.

Edit: CPU usage doesn't seem to be affected very much. I think that 7% must've been a one time thing. During vigorous movement, the CPU usage usage will get up to 4% max.

Edited by Phep, 03 June 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Can you remove AVG completely using the AVG removal tool and try system restore in normal mode to check on the difference? Please disable and recreate new restore points also just in case. There has been ongoing problems with my internet connection on some sites timing out or not accessible currently so the speccy link provided is also affected. Most of them are resolve currently after calling my ISP yesterday but there is still some corrections that I may need them to put to attention if this continously persist in a couple of days. Try using free antiviruses such as Microsoft Security Essentials and Avast.

Tekken

#6 Phep

Phep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

I can't find the AVG Removal Tool. Will Revo Uninstaller do it?

#7 RecklessX

RecklessX

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

The first four options inside of the list are the AVG removal tool.

http://www.avg.com/ca-en/utilities

#8 Phep

Phep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Cool. System Restore now works in normal boot up mode after using AVG removal from the link RecklessX provided. 

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:18 AM

Good news! How's the computer running?

Tekken

#10 Phep

Phep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

The computer is still running like how I described before. The CPU still increases a lot when I do small things like move the mouse around or increase window size of dialogue boxes. 

I noticed safe mode solves solves the problem and am trying to figure out what's going on. I'm turning off the MS services one by one in msconfig to see if I can identify the culprit. Needless to say, it's taking forever and I'm not confident that I'll find an answer.

#11 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

Let's try this :

Download Autoruns
After extracting, double click autoruns and go to File - Save - Filename : Autoruns
Save as type : Text. Copy and Paste the text on your next reply

MiniToolBox and run the program. Select
List Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

#12 Phep

Phep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd\StartupPrograms" "" "" "" "11/2/2006 5:49 AM"
+ "rdpclip" "" "" "File not found: rdpclip" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" "" "6/7/2013 10:39 PM"
+ "Apoint" "Alps Pointing-device Driver" "Alps Electric Co., Ltd." "c:\program files\delltpad\apoint.exe" "7/1/2007 9:29 PM"
+ "avast" "avast! Antivirus" "AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\avastui.exe" "5/9/2013 1:52 AM"
+ "Broadcom Wireless Manager UI" "Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Tray Applet" "Dell Inc." "c:\windows\system32\wltray.exe" "9/20/2007 9:08 PM"
+ "HotKeysCmds" "hkcmd Module" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe" "8/24/2007 12:27 PM"
+ "IgfxTray" "igfxTray Module" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" "8/24/2007 12:28 PM"
+ "Persistence" "persistence Module" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe" "8/24/2007 12:27 PM"
+ "SigmatelSysTrayApp" "Sigmatel Audio system tray application" "IDT, Inc." "c:\program files\sigmatel\c-major audio\wdm\sttray.exe" "9/13/2007 8:37 AM"
+ "UpdReg" "Creative UpdReg" "Creative Technology Ltd." "c:\windows\updreg.exe" "5/10/2000 7:01 PM"
+ "VolPanel" "VolPanlu.exe" "Creative Technology Ltd" "c:\program files\creative\sbaudigy\volume panel\volpanlu.exe" "11/26/2006 6:14 PM"
+ "Windows Defender" "Windows Defender User Interface" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\msascui.exe" "1/18/2008 10:42 PM"
"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" "" "" "" "6/3/2013 7:46 PM"
+ "Bluetooth.lnk" "Bluetooth Tray Application" "Broadcom Corporation." "c:\program files\widcomm\bluetooth software\bttray.exe" "11/3/2006 6:41 PM"
+ "Digital Line Detect.lnk" "Digital Line Detection" "Avanquest Software " "c:\program files\digital line detect\dlg.exe" "9/22/2006 12:35 AM"
+ "QuickSet.lnk" "QuickSet" "Dell Inc." "c:\program files\dell\quickset\quickset.exe" "7/20/2007 4:13 PM"
+ "WinZip Quick Pick.lnk" "WinZip Quick Pick" "WinZip Computing, S.L." "c:\program files\winzip\wzqkpick32.exe" "4/29/2013 1:45 AM"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "" "" "" "6/1/2013 10:23 PM"
+ "Microsoft Windows Mail 7" "Windows Mail" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows mail\winmail.exe" "1/18/2008 10:47 PM"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" "" "6/2/2013 10:00 AM"
+ "Steam" "Steam Client Bootstrapper (buildbot_winslave04_steam_steam_rel_client_win32@winslave04)" "Valve Corporation" "c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" "6/6/2013 1:50 PM"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\AutoStartOnConnect" "" "" "" "6/1/2013 10:23 PM"
+ "BTW Setup Wizard" "BtWizard Module" "Broadcom Corporation." "c:\windows\system32\btwizard.dll" "11/3/2006 6:24 PM"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Protocols\Handler" "" "" "" "11/2/2006 5:53 AM"
+ "ms-itss" "Microsoft® InfoTech Storage System Library" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\information retrieval\msitss.dll" "6/20/2001 9:26 AM"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" "" "11/2/2006 5:53 AM"
+ "avast" "avast! Shell Extension" "AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\ashshell.dll" "5/9/2013 1:47 AM"
+ "Foxit_ConvertToPDF_Reader" "ConvertToPDFShellExtension" "Foxit Corporation" "c:\program files\foxit software\foxit reader\plugins\converttopdfshellextension_x86.dll" "4/5/2013 1:36 AM"
+ "GDContextMenu" "Google Drive shell extension" "Google" "c:\program files\google\drive\contextmenu32.dll" "4/16/2013 4:06 PM"
+ "WinZip" "WinZip Shell Extension DLL" "WinZip Computing, S.L." "c:\program files\winzip\wzshlstb.dll" "4/29/2013 1:45 AM"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" "" "11/2/2006 5:53 AM"
+ "00avast" "avast! Shell Extension" "AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\ashshell.dll" "5/9/2013 1:47 AM"
+ "MBAMShlExt" "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" "Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbamext.dll" "2/28/2013 1:39 PM"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" "" "5/31/2013 9:30 AM"
+ "GDContextMenu" "Google Drive shell extension" "Google" "c:\program files\google\drive\contextmenu32.dll" "4/16/2013 4:06 PM"
+ "WinZip" "WinZip Shell Extension DLL" "WinZip Computing, S.L." "c:\program files\winzip\wzshlstb.dll" "4/29/2013 1:45 AM"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Shellex\DragDropHandlers" "" "" "" "5/31/2013 9:30 AM"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Shellex\CopyHookHandlers" "" "" "" "5/31/2013 9:30 AM"
+ "Monitor" "BTNCopy Module" "Broadcom Corporation." "c:\windows\system32\btncopy.dll" "11/3/2006 5:50 PM"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Background\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" "" "11/2/2006 5:53 AM"
+ "igfxcui" "igfxpph Module" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\igfxpph.dll" "8/24/2007 12:27 PM"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" "" "5/31/2013 10:29 AM"
+ "avast" "avast! Shell Extension" "AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\ashshell.dll" "5/9/2013 1:47 AM"
+ "MBAMShlExt" "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" "Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbamext.dll" "2/28/2013 1:39 PM"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\DragDropHandlers" "" "" "" "5/31/2013 10:29 AM"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers" "" "" "" "6/8/2013 11:13 PM"
+ "00avast" "avast! Shell Extension" "AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\ashshell.dll" "5/9/2013 1:47 AM"
+ "GDriveBlacklistedOverlay" "Google Drive shell extension" "Google" "c:\program files\google\drive\googledrivesync32.dll" "4/16/2013 4:06 PM"
+ "GDriveSharedOverlay" "Google Drive shell extension" "Google" "c:\program files\google\drive\googledrivesync32.dll" "4/16/2013 4:06 PM"
+ "GDriveSyncedOverlay" "Google Drive shell extension" "Google" "c:\program files\google\drive\googledrivesync32.dll" "4/16/2013 4:06 PM"
+ "GDriveSyncingOverlay" "Google Drive shell extension" "Google" "c:\program files\google\drive\googledrivesync32.dll" "4/16/2013 4:06 PM"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects" "" "" "" "6/8/2013 11:13 PM"
+ "avast! Online Security" "IE Webrep plugin" "AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\aswwebrepie.dll" "5/9/2013 7:01 AM"
+ "CBrowserHelperObject Object" "BAE.dll" "Dell Inc." "c:\program files\dell\bae\bae.dll" "11/9/2006 10:56 AM"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar" "" "" "" "6/1/2013 10:23 PM"
+ "avast! Online Security" "IE Webrep plugin" "AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\aswwebrepie.dll" "5/9/2013 7:01 AM"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions" "" "" "" "6/1/2013 10:23 PM"
+ "Send to &Bluetooth Device..." "" "" "c:\program files\widcomm\bluetooth software\btsendto_ie.htm" "10/26/2006 5:28 PM"
"Task Scheduler" "" "" "" ""
+ "\CCleanerSkipUAC" "CCleaner" "Piriform Ltd" "c:\program files\ccleaner\ccleaner.exe" "5/24/2013 6:45 AM"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Wired\GatherWiredInfo" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\gatherwiredinfo.vbs" "1/5/2008 3:21 AM"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Wireless\GatherWirelessInfo" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\gatherwirelessinfo.vbs" "5/31/2013 10:17 PM"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" "" "6/3/2013 7:42 PM"
+ "AESTFilters" "Andrea filters APO access service (32-bit)" "Andrea Electronics Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\aestsrv.exe" "6/30/2007 5:43 AM"
+ "avast! Antivirus" "Manages and implements avast! antivirus services for this computer. This includes the resident protection, the virus chest and the scheduler." "AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\avastsvc.exe" "5/9/2013 1:47 AM"
+ "Creative Labs Licensing Service" "Provides licensing services for Creative Labs applications." "Creative Labs" "c:\program files\common files\creative labs shared\service\creativelicensing.exe" "4/6/2005 1:15 AM"
+ "gupdate" "Keeps your Google software up to date. If this service is disabled or stopped, your Google software will not be kept up to date, meaning security vulnerabilities that may arise cannot be fixed and features may not work. This service uninstalls itself when there is no Google software using it." "Google Inc." "c:\program files\google\update\googleupdate.exe" "2/15/2012 7:43 PM"
+ "gupdatem" "Keeps your Google software up to date. If this service is disabled or stopped, your Google software will not be kept up to date, meaning security vulnerabilities that may arise cannot be fixed and features may not work. This service uninstalls itself when there is no Google software using it." "Google Inc." "c:\program files\google\update\googleupdate.exe" "2/15/2012 7:43 PM"
+ "MBAMScheduler" "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scheduler" "Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbamscheduler.exe" "2/28/2013 1:38 PM"
+ "MBAMService" "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware service" "Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbamservice.exe" "2/28/2013 1:38 PM"
+ "STacSV" "Manages SigmaTel Audio Universal Jack configurations." "IDT, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\stacsv.exe" "9/13/2007 8:37 AM"
+ "Steam Client Service" "Steam Client Service monitors and updates Steam content" "Valve Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\steam\steamservice.exe" "6/6/2013 1:48 PM"
+ "stllssvr" "SureThing Labelflash Disc Printer Service Module" "MicroVision Development, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\surething shared\stllssvr.exe" "11/26/2007 2:51 PM"
+ "WinDefend" "Scan your computer for unwanted software, schedule scans, and get the latest unwanted software definitions." "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\mpsvc.dll" "1/19/2008 12:26 AM"
+ "wltrysvc" "Provides automatic configuration for the 802.11 adapter using the Broadcom supplicant." "" "c:\windows\system32\wltrysvc.exe" "9/20/2007 9:09 PM"
+ "WMPNetworkSvc" "Shares Windows Media Player libraries to other networked players and media devices using Universal Plug and Play" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media player\wmpnetwk.exe" "1/18/2008 11:06 PM"
+ "XAudioService" "User-mode gate for Modem Speakephone" "Conexant Systems, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\xaudio.exe" "8/4/2006 5:39 PM"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" "" "6/3/2013 7:42 PM"
+ "ApfiltrService" "Alps Touch Pad Driver" "Alps Electric Co., Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\apfiltr.sys" "6/25/2007 2:53 AM"
+ "aswFsBlk" "avast! mini-filter driver (aswFsBlk)" "AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswfsblk.sys" "5/9/2013 1:47 AM"
+ "aswMonFlt" "avast! mini-filter driver (aswMonFlt)" "AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswmonflt.sys" "5/9/2013 1:47 AM"
+ "AswRdr" "avast! TDI Redirect driver" "AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswrdr.sys" "5/9/2013 1:47 AM"
+ "aswRvrt" "avast! Revert" "" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswrvrt.sys" "5/9/2013 1:46 AM"
+ "aswSnx" "avast! virtualization driver (aswSnx)" "AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswsnx.sys" "5/9/2013 1:48 AM"
+ "aswSP" "avast! Self Protection" "AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswsp.sys" "5/9/2013 1:48 AM"
+ "aswTdi" "avast! Network Shield TDI driver" "AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswtdi.sys" "5/9/2013 1:47 AM"
+ "aswVmm" "avast! VM Monitor" "" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswvmm.sys" "5/9/2013 1:47 AM"
+ "b57nd60x" "Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.0 Driver." "Broadcom Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\b57nd60x.sys" "2/26/2007 3:50 PM"
+ "BCM42RLY" "" "" "File not found: system32\drivers\BCM42RLY.sys" ""
+ "BCM43XX" "Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver" "Broadcom Corp." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\bcmwl6.sys" "10/12/2007 3:29 PM"
+ "BrFiltLo" "Windows ME USB Mass-Storage Bulk-Only Lower Filter Driver" "Brother Industries, Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brfiltlo.sys" "8/6/2006 2:33 PM"
+ "BrFiltUp" "Windows ME USB Mass-Storage Bulk-Only Upper Filter Driver" "Brother Industries, Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brfiltup.sys" "8/6/2006 2:33 PM"
+ "BrUsbSer" "Brother USB Serial Driver" "Brother Industries Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brusbser.sys" "8/9/2006 5:02 AM"
+ "btwaudio" "Bluetooth Audio Device" "Broadcom Corporation." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\btwaudio.sys" "11/3/2006 5:33 PM"
+ "btwavdt" "Broadcom Bluetooth AVDT Service" "Broadcom Corporation." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\btwavdt.sys" "11/2/2006 3:53 PM"
+ "btwrchid" "Bluetooth Remote Control HID Minidriver" "Broadcom Corporation." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\btwrchid.sys" "11/2/2006 3:50 PM"
+ "e1express" "Intel® PRO/1000 Adapter NDIS 6 deserialized driver" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\e1e6032.sys" "8/21/2006 9:20 AM"
+ "E1G60" "Intel® PRO/1000 Adapter NDIS 6 deserialized driver" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\e1g60i32.sys" "8/3/2006 2:30 PM"
+ "HSF_DPV" "HSF_DP driver" "Conexant Systems, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\hsx_dpv.sys" "11/2/2006 7:43 PM"
+ "HSXHWAZL" "HSF_HWAZL WDM driver" "Conexant Systems, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\hsxhwazl.sys" "11/2/2006 7:42 PM"
+ "iaStor" "Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver - ia32" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\iastor.sys" "2/12/2007 1:46 PM"
+ "iaStorV" "Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver (base)" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\iastorv.sys" "10/6/2006 11:01 AM"
+ "igfx" "Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\igdkmd32.sys" "8/24/2007 12:39 PM"
+ "IpInIp" "IP in IP Tunnel Driver" "" "File not found: system32\DRIVERS\ipinip.sys" ""
+ "MBAMProtector" "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" "Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys" "2/28/2013 1:33 PM"
+ "mdmxsdk" "Diagnostic Interface x86 Driver" "Conexant" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\mdmxsdk.sys" "6/19/2006 2:26 PM"
+ "NwlnkFlt" "IPX Traffic Filter Driver" "" "File not found: system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkflt.sys" ""
+ "NwlnkFwd" "IPX Traffic Forwarder Driver" "" "File not found: system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys" ""
+ "PxHelp20" "Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP" "Sonic Solutions" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\pxhelp20.sys" "10/17/2007 11:24 AM"
+ "R300" "ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver" "ATI Technologies Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys" "10/12/2006 2:06 PM"
+ "rimmptsk" "RICOH MMC Driver" "REDC" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\rimmptsk.sys" "11/15/2006 1:16 AM"
+ "rimsptsk" "RICOH MS Driver" "REDC" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\rimsptsk.sys" "11/14/2006 8:42 PM"
+ "rismxdp" "RICOH XD SM Driver" "REDC" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\rixdptsk.sys" "11/14/2006 6:35 PM"
+ "secdrv" "Macrovision SECURITY Driver" "Macrovision Corporation, Macrovision Europe Limited, and Macrovision Japan and Asia K.K." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys" "9/13/2006 6:18 AM"
+ "STHDA" "NDHF" "IDT, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\stwrt.sys" "9/13/2007 8:29 AM"
+ "winachsf" "HSF_CNXT driver" "Conexant Systems, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\hsx_cnxt.sys" "11/2/2006 7:42 PM"
+ "XAudio" "Modem Audio Device Driver" "Conexant Systems, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\xaudio.sys" "8/4/2006 5:39 PM"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" "" "" "" "6/1/2013 10:23 PM"
+ "msacm.l3acm" "MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM" "Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS" "c:\windows\system32\l3codeca.acm" "1/21/2010 8:05 AM"
+ "vidc.cvid" "Cinepak® Codec" "Radius Inc." "c:\windows\system32\iccvid.dll" "5/27/2010 1:08 PM"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance" "" "" "" "11/2/2006 5:53 AM"
+ "9x8Resize" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "Allocator Fix" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "Bitmap" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "Capture ASF Writer" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "Frame Eater" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "Multiple File Output" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "PCM to EXT" "Creative Pcm2Ext" "Creative Technology Ltd." "c:\program files\creative\sbaudigy\wavestudio 7\pcm2ext.ax" "4/28/2004 7:48 PM"
+ "Proxy Sink" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "Proxy Source" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "Record Queue" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "ShotDetect" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "Stetch" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WM VIH2 Fix" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT Audio Analyzer" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT Black Frame Generator" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT DV Extract Filter" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT FormatConversion" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT Import Filter" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT Interlacer" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT Log Filter" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT MuxDeMux Filter" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT Sample Info Filter" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT Switch Filter" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT Virtual Renderer" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT Virtual Source" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
+ "WMT Volume" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll" "4/10/2009 11:28 PM"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify" "" "" "" "6/6/2013 9:56 PM"
+ "igfxcui" "igfxdev Module" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\igfxdev.dll" "8/24/2007 12:26 PM"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order" "" "" "" "11/2/2006 5:49 AM"
+ "BCMLogon" "Dell Wireless WLAN Card Logon Provider" "Dell Inc." "c:\windows\system32\bcmlogon.dll" "9/20/2007 9:07 PM"
"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Settings.ini" "" "" "" "6/6/2013 9:56 PM"
+ "Avast! antivirus monitor" "Avast! antivirus sidebar gadget." "AVAST Software" "C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Shared Gadgets\aswSidebar.gadget\Gadget.xml" "3/13/2013 11:04 AM"
+ "Clock" "Watch the clock in your own time zone or any city in the world." "Microsoft Corporation" "C:\Program Files\windows sidebar\gadgets\Clock.gadget\en-US\Gadget.xml" "11/2/2006 5:41 AM"
+ "Feed Headlines" "Track the latest news, sports, and entertainment headlines." "Microsoft Corporation" "C:\Program Files\windows sidebar\gadgets\RSSFeeds.Gadget\en-US\Gadget.xml" "3/17/2008 12:45 PM"
+ "Slide Show" "Show a continuous slide show of your pictures." "Microsoft Corporation" "C:\Program Files\windows sidebar\gadgets\SlideShow.Gadget\en-US\Gadget.xml" "11/2/2006 5:41 AM"

#13 Phep

Phep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version:21-04-2013
Ran by David (administrator) on 08-06-2013 at 23:20:02
Running from "C:\Users\David\Downloads"
Windows Vista ™ Home Premium Service Pack 2 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (06/04/2013 09:24:27 PM) (Source: EventSystem) (User: )
Description: 80070005EventSystem.EventSubscription{AA44355E-6911-4447-BA5D-6720480579AF}-{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}-{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Error: (06/04/2013 08:40:06 PM) (Source: EventSystem) (User: )
Description: 80070005EventSystem.EventSubscription{AA44355E-6911-4447-BA5D-6720480579AF}-{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}-{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Error: (06/04/2013 08:32:17 PM) (Source: EventSystem) (User: )
Description: d:\longhorn\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp4580070422

Error: (06/04/2013 08:21:11 PM) (Source: EventSystem) (User: )
Description: d:\longhorn\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp4580070422

Error: (06/04/2013 08:21:10 PM) (Source: EventSystem) (User: )

Error: (06/04/2013 08:21:10 PM) (Source: EventSystem) (User: )

System errors:
=============
Error: (06/06/2013 03:15:13 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: Steam Client Service%%1053

Error: (06/06/2013 03:15:13 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: 30000Steam Client Service

Error: (06/06/2013 01:30:30 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: Steam Client Service%%1053

Error: (06/06/2013 01:30:30 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: 30000Steam Client Service

Error: (06/05/2013 11:42:49 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: BCM42RLY%%2

Error: (06/05/2013 11:42:47 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )

Error: (06/05/2013 11:42:46 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )

Error: (06/05/2013 11:42:46 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )

Error: (06/04/2013 09:28:09 PM) (Source: BROWSER) (User: )
Description: The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{5385815C-D51F-4077-811F-8EB9285CCDDF}.
The backup browser is stopping.

Error: (06/04/2013 09:26:40 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (06/04/2013 09:24:27 PM) (Source: EventSystem)(User: )

Error: (06/04/2013 08:40:06 PM) (Source: EventSystem)(User: )

Error: (06/04/2013 08:32:17 PM) (Source: EventSystem)(User: )

Error: (06/04/2013 08:21:11 PM) (Source: EventSystem)(User: )

Error: (06/04/2013 08:21:10 PM) (Source: EventSystem)(User: )

Error: (06/04/2013 08:21:10 PM) (Source: EventSystem)(User: )

CodeIntegrity Errors:
===================================
  Date: 2013-06-02 15:18:08.026
  Description: Code Integrity is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\drivers\avgidsdriverx.sys because the set of per-page image hashes could not be found on the system.

Date: 2013-06-02 15:18:07.256
  Description: Code Integrity is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\drivers\avgidsdriverx.sys because the set of per-page image hashes could not be found on the system.

Date: 2013-06-02 15:18:06.326

Date: 2013-06-02 15:18:05.452

Date: 2013-06-01 16:23:38.331
  Description: Code Integrity is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\drivers\avgidshx.sys because the set of per-page image hashes could not be found on the system.

Date: 2013-06-01 16:23:37.847
  Description: Code Integrity is unable to verify the image integrity of the file \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\drivers\avgidshx.sys because the set of per-page image hashes could not be found on the system.

Date: 2013-06-01 16:23:37.348

Date: 2013-06-01 16:23:36.849

Date: 2013-06-01 16:23:36.350

Date: 2013-06-01 16:23:35.804

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX (Version: 9.0.115.0)
avast! Free Antivirus (Version: 8.0.1489.0)
Broadcom Management Programs (Version: 10.15.01)
Browser Address Error Redirector (Version: 1.00.0000)
CCleaner (Version: 4.02)
Cisco EAP-FAST Module (Version: 2.0.26)
Cisco LEAP Module (Version: 1.0.11)
Cisco PEAP Module (Version: 1.0.12)
Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system (Version: 12.0.4518.1014)
Conexant HDA D330 MDC V.92 Modem
Dell DataSafe Online (Version: 1.0.21)
Dell Touchpad (Version: 7.1.102.7)
Dell Wireless WLAN Card (Version: 4.170.25.12)
Digital Line Detect (Version: 1.21)
Foxit Reader (Version: 6.0.3.524)
Google Chrome (Version: 27.0.1453.94)
Google Drive (Version: 1.9.4536.8202)
Google Update Helper (Version: 1.3.21.145)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300 (Version: 1.75.0.1300)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Version: 3.5.30729)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Version: 4.0.30319)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.56336)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (Version: 9.0.30729.6161)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (Version: 10.0.40219)
Microsoft Works (Version: 9.7.0621)
Modem Diagnostic Tool (Version: 1.0.20.0)
Music, Photos & Videos Launcher (Version: 1.00.0000)
NetWaiting (Version: 2.5.44)
Product Documentation Launcher (Version: 1.00.0000)
QuickSet (Version: 8.2.14)
Revo Uninstaller 1.94 (Version: 1.94)
Roxio Creator Audio (Version: 3.7.0)
Roxio Creator Copy (Version: 3.7.0)
Roxio Creator Data (Version: 3.7.0)
Roxio Creator DE (Version: 10.1)
Roxio Creator DE (Version: 3.7.0)
Roxio Creator Tools (Version: 3.7.0)
Roxio Express Labeler 3 (Version: 3.2.1)
Roxio Update Manager (Version: 6.0.0)
Sound Blaster Audigy ADVANCED MB (Version: 1.0)
Steam (Version: 1.0.0.0)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB963707) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2468871) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2533523) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2600217) (Version: 1)
User's Guides
WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 6.0.1.3100 (Version: 6.0.1.3100)
WinZip 17.5 (Version: 17.5.10480)

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 63%
Total physical RAM: 2037.31 MB
Available physical RAM: 748.53 MB
Total Pagefile: 4313.89 MB
Available Pagefile: 2159.3 MB
Total Virtual: 2047.88 MB
Available Virtual: 1976.96 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: (OS) (Fixed) (Total:220.31 GB) (Free:160.75 GB) NTFS
2 Drive d: (RECOVERY) (Fixed) (Total:10 GB) (Free:4.7 GB) NTFS

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\DAVID-PC

Administrator            David                    Guest                    

**** End of log ****

My laptop is still slow. Watching video is still extremely choppy.

Edited by Phep, 09 June 2013 - 01:41 AM.

#14 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

Launch autoruns and go to Logon tab. Uncheck the items below.

"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd\StartupPrograms" "" "" "" "11/2/2006 5:49 AM"
+ "rdpclip" "" "" "File not found: rdpclip" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" "" "6/7/2013 10:39 PM"
+ "Broadcom Wireless Manager UI" "Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Tray Applet" "Dell Inc." "c:\windows\system32\wltray.exe" "9/20/2007 9:08 PM"
+ "SigmatelSysTrayApp" "Sigmatel Audio system tray application" "IDT, Inc." "c:\program files\sigmatel\c-major audio\wdm\sttray.exe" "9/13/2007 8:37 AM"
+ "UpdReg" "Creative UpdReg" "Creative Technology Ltd." "c:\windows\updreg.exe" "5/10/2000 7:01 PM"
+ "VolPanel" "VolPanlu.exe" "Creative Technology Ltd" "c:\program files\creative\sbaudigy\volume panel\volpanlu.exe" "11/26/2006 6:14 PM"
+ "Windows Defender" "Windows Defender User Interface" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\msascui.exe" "1/18/2008 10:42 PM"
"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" "" "" "" "6/3/2013 7:46 PM"
+ "Bluetooth.lnk" "Bluetooth Tray Application" "Broadcom Corporation." "c:\program files\widcomm\bluetooth software\bttray.exe" "11/3/2006 6:41 PM"
+ "Digital Line Detect.lnk" "Digital Line Detection" "Avanquest Software " "c:\program files\digital line detect\dlg.exe" "9/22/2006 12:35 AM"
+ "QuickSet.lnk" "QuickSet" "Dell Inc." "c:\program files\dell\quickset\quickset.exe" "7/20/2007 4:13 PM"
+ "WinZip Quick Pick.lnk" "WinZip Quick Pick" "WinZip Computing, S.L." "c:\program files\winzip\wzqkpick32.exe" "4/29/2013 1:45 AM"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "" "" "" "6/1/2013 10:23 PM"
+ "Microsoft Windows Mail 7" "Windows Mail" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows mail\winmail.exe" "1/18/2008 10:47 PM"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" "" "6/2/2013 10:00 AM"
+ "Steam" "Steam Client Bootstrapper (buildbot_winslave04_steam_steam_rel_client_win32@winslave04)" "Valve Corporation" "c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" "6/6/2013 1:50 PM"

Problem 1; The CPU increases a lot and is very erratic when I do anything even when moving the mouse.

Don't see anything wrong with the Minitoolbox report, so with the CPU usage increase/decreases momentarily. The posted observation under problem#1 would seem normal in my opinion.

Tekken

#15 Phep

Phep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

What is it about safe mode that seemingly fixes it? Is it just because there's not a lot of programs running to bog down the CPU or something?

I just don't remember it running this slow when I first got it. 

I am going to restart now and see how it works.

Edited by Phep, 09 June 2013 - 02:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users