Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDMI Port on Laptop not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BambooP

BambooP

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hi, this is a new post which started from my original post in the External Hardware Forum (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496542/laptop-not-recognizing-hdmi-connection-to-tv/).  Turns out it's probably an internal hardware problem, so...

To recap:

I have a HP Pavillion g7 Notebook.  I have often connected my laptop to a tv via a HDMI cable to watch streamed movies, etc.  My laptop recognized the connection automatically, I never had to adjust any settings on my laptop or tv besides selecting the correct HDMI channel on the television.  I just bought a new Insignia 32" - LED - 1080p - 60Hz - HDTV Model: NS-32E440A13.  I also purchased a new Rocketfish HDMI cable.  When I got home, I set up the TV and connected it to my laptop via the cable.  The tv showed a black screen and a "NO SIGNAL" error.  I tried it for all 3 HDMI slots- no change.  I then cycled through all the different projector modes, and still nothing.  I tried going into control panel- hardware and sound- display- connect to an external display.  When I click on "Detect," my laptop does not recognize that it is connected to the tv.  I've tried rebooting, turning both devices off, unplugging the cable, removing the power from the tv, plugging back in the power to the tv, attaching the hdmi to the tv then the laptop, then turning on tv, then turning on the laptop, and many variations of these and still nothing.  I tested the hdmi cable on my dvd player, and it worked fine.  I also tried connecting my laptop to 2 other televisions (Panasonic and a Vizio) using other HDMI cables, and still got the "No Signal" error.  No problems show up in the Device Manager.  All the usb slots work fine.

I was able to do a system restore to before my recent system update.  Still won't detect.  Tried the connection in safe mode, didn't work. 

I just successfully connected the laptop to tv using a VGA cable.  And since the HDMI cable worked between my dvd player and the tv, it seems like it's a problem with my laptop's HDMI slot. 

Any thoughts?  Thank-you!

Specs-

HP Pavillion g7 Notebook

Windows 7

64 bit

AMD Radeon HD 6480G

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hi,

Have you gone into the BIOS to be sure that you have HDMI enabled?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 BambooP

BambooP
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

I have not, can someone walk me through that process?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users