Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to either upgrade or canabalize my system for a better one...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 execpro22

execpro22

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hi I have an older system that I built in 2005. It was Mid grade back then but now its starting to become cumbersome and slow. I mostly use it for gaming and watching movies sometimes....

I would like to either upgrade it or maybe canabalize some parts of it in use for a better system. I am hoping that if i use some parts in a new system I can keep cost at 500$.

I was hoping I would be able to use the case, the hard drive and maybe the gpu..... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my specs for the current system (2005):

Win xp 32bit sp3

I have a gigabyte ep45-ud3l motherboard

I have 4gb ddr2 ram

Seagate 250 gb sata-300 hdd

I have an LG dvd burner

cpu-Intel core duo e7400@2.8 ghz

gpu-nvidia geforce 9600 gt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

The re-usable parts are the hard drive, case, graphics card and possibly the DVD burner assuming it's SATA. What games do you play and what is the model of your power supply?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users