Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing/Masking Public IP Address to a Specific IP?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JuiceFlow

JuiceFlow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hello BleepingComputer Community,

I've been trying to figure this out for a very long time now to no avail. I need to change my external IP address to have the 3rd number as divisible by 8 and the 4th number as a .0 (i.e. 56.45.200.0). There's a game server that determines priority in this manner, and I know a few people who know the method, but they refuse to tell me how they do it since it's advantageous for them. After spending so much time searching the internet for answers I've come to the forums as a last resort, hoping someone out there knowledgeable in this area has an idea of how this is done... 

The people that know how to do this say that all it requires is an internet connection (no proxies, VPNs, software, etc.). One of them also showed me a couple screenshots:

Eprl6QF.png

4Fwlpcy.png

I noticed the internet hostname changes in the second screenshot, but I'm not sure if that's a clue. It omits the ISP and the internet hostname seems to be the exact same thing as the new IP address. Is there any way at all that this can be done? I know for a fact that they have .0 IP addresses, but I just don't know how they get it. I've searched all over the internet for VPN's, proxies, and different methods of changing my IP address, but nothing has achieved my desired goal of a .0. The closest IP I've obtained is a .1.

If anyone knows and could explain a valid method that can successfully mask (or change) my IP so that I can connect to a Java, browser-based game with my desired IP address (X.X.#DivisibleBy8.0) I would be eternally grateful. Thanks a lot in advance for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

The only legitimate way I know to do this is by having your ISP statically assign you your requested IP address, Use a Proxy server, or a VPN. There may be other software available to perform such a task but in my research most have malicious intent. 

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users