Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fan noise

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 debodun

debodun

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

I've had my current system just under a year and a half (OS is Windows 7 - 64 bit). I've noticed lately when I play Candy Crush on Facebook, my fan sound much louder - like it's going crazy. When I exit teh game, the fan sound returns to normal within  aminute ot two. Is this normal? If not, what's the best solution? Below is a snapshot of Speccy showing internal temps.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

I've had my current system just under a year and a half (OS is Windows 7 - 64 bit). I've noticed lately when I play Candy Crush on Facebook, my fan sound much louder - like it's going crazy. When I exit teh game, the fan sound returns to normal within  aminute ot two. Is this normal? If not, what's the best solution? Below is a snapshot of Speccy showing internal temps.

More than likely Candy Crush on Facebook is a Flash based game. If so, Flash based games can be processor intensive (Flash itself is generally processor intensive). So, it sounds normal to me...Candy Crush is making your processor work, the processor (and other things) start to warm up, and the system correspondingly fires up the CPU fan (and maybe other fans) to help keep the processor cooled. Once you are done, the processor is not getting worked as much, so it cools down, and the fans turn off or slow down dramatically.

Based upon the screenshot you posted, it seems like the CPU is at a perfectly fine temperature...especially if that is still while you are playing Candy Crush or just immediately after playing Candy Crush. Even if the computer is at idle, then that is still a reasonable temperature for an E6300.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users