Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual User On Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amitsahgal

amitsahgal

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

I want to set up my computer in a way so that there are two people who can share the computer but one cannot access the files of the other. And if possible, the second user should not havr admin rights either.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aQuilla

aQuilla

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

That's not a problem actually. It is very easy to do the things you are asking.

To create a user account
  1. To open User Accounts, click the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, click Control Panel, click User Accounts and Family Safety, and then click User Accounts.
  2. Click Manage another account18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Click Create a new account.

4. Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.

Now after you created that account, you can set a password for that account (if that account is intended for another person, let him create his own password). Now the default setting of that account will not have admin privileges. That's it.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

The following information is from Windows.

An administrator is someone who can make changes on a computer that will affect other users of the computer. Administrators can change security settings, install software and hardware, access all files on the computer, and make changes to other user accounts.

​Unless you intend to allow this person to have these abilities I would suggest not giving them Administrator privileges.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users