Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I've got a "cradlepoint" now what?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mjshea

mjshea

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Ive a cradlepoint "IBR600" it's a industrial broadband router with  WI-FI and modem capabilities  it's quite the little unit brand new just one problem what does it do it has alot of features that reflective of the price but please someone please explain how i can utilize the router i just recently got a smart phone my first.....i know i know little behind the curve the phone is a HTC V   i am currently using a dell dimension 9100 with 3gb of ram 3 hard drives kinda hogde pogd it together ....disabled on a buget judge me not please . but how can i incorperate this router into this equipment and what kinda features can i use in conjunction with my current equipment ......you get the ideal ...please any input would make me eternally gratefull.

Edit: Moved topic from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to the more appropriate forum, at the suggestion of helpful membership. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Ive a cradlepoint "IBR600" it's a industrial broadband router with  WI-FI and modem capabilities  it's quite the little unit brand new just one problem what does it do it has alot of features that reflective of the price but please someone please explain how i can utilize the router i just recently got a smart phone my first.....i know i know little behind the curve the phone is a HTC V   i am currently using a dell dimension 9100 with 3gb of ram 3 hard drives kinda hogde pogd it together ....disabled on a buget judge me not please . but how can i incorperate this router into this equipment and what kinda features can i use in conjunction with my current equipment ......you get the ideal ...please any input would make me eternally gratefull.

I am assuming you want use the Cradlepoint router to connect to a mobile broadband system rather than a traditional "land based" broadband system (i.e. cable modem or DSL or fiber). Is that correct?

If so, then you will need to try to activate the router with cell company (i.e. AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or Clearwire...assuming you are in the US). Here are the instructions from Cradlepoint:

http://knowledgebase.cradlepoint.com/articles/Support/Activate-Your-CradlePoint-Business-Modem

Once you get the router activated, you can then use it to provide Internet access by way of WiFi or Ethernet to the computer...and by way of WiFi to the phone (if you want/need).

I will note that activating the router with a cell company will mean a new "line" of service...i.e. additional monthly bills, but you might already be aware of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users