Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help needed with Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny From Kentucky

Johnny From Kentucky

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Greetings.. ((waves at new friends))

OK first off I am using Windows XP Home and Firefox 21.0

If it was not for needing this dang Adobe Flash Player for U-tube and facebook photo uploads I would not even bother with it!

Here's the situation that I am desperate for a solution with:

My lady and I both use this same computer and we both have separate windows user accounts on it with separate Firefox browsers....both of our windows user accounts have administrator privileges...

Our problem is that only one instance of the new required adobe flash player can be installed on the computer therefore leaving ony one of us able to watch videos or upload photos to an album on facebook...

When one Adobe Flash Player is downloaded and set up it will only work with the account that downloaded it and the other account is presented with advisement to upload the player...when I try to set it up on the other account I get this error message each time during the set up process..

"The user does not have sufficient administrator privileges to install adobe flash player".

The message above is incorrect because both of us have administrative privileges on this computer...the error message then directs me to the Adobe troubleshooting page where there is nothing stated about multiple user accounts issues..

I have tried several times to remove the Flash Player using the Adobe Removal Tool THEN tried to upload and set it up again...works great (on only one account)

SO...my question once again is.. Please help me install the new version of Adobe Flash Player so that both windows accounts( her's and mine) are able to use it , instead of just one account as is our present issue..

Thank you for your help we very much appreciate your time and I will check this thread frequently to see if you should have any further questions or possible solutions...

Edited by Johnny From Kentucky, 01 June 2013 - 12:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

You might try this:

• Download the archived Flash Player plugin from the Adobe Flash website. Download the plugin to a location on your hard drive where you'll be able to find it. The file will have a .XPI file extension.

Change the .XPI file extension to read .ZIP. You can do this by right clicking the file, selecting "Rename" from the options and changing the part of the file name after the period.

•  

Extract the two files contained in the archive. You can do this by right clicking on the .ZIP file and selecting "Extract" from the list of choices. This will extract them to the directory the .ZIP file was located in.

Copy the two files you've just extracted to your web browser's plugins folder. For Mozilla Firefox, the folder is in the Program Files/Mozilla/Plugins folder. For Internet Explorer, it is in the Program Files/Internet Explorer/Plugins folder.

Restart your web browser. To finalize the changes you've just made, close out of your web browser and relaunch it. After it loads, you can enjoy the Flash player.

• Read more: How to Install a Flash Player Without Administrator Rights | eHow http://www.ehow.com/how_5052562_install-flash-player-administrator-rights.html#ixzz2UzBG7FAn

#3 Johnny From Kentucky

Johnny From Kentucky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for the quick response above...
Now when you say "archived Flash Player plugin" are you refering to the new version (11.7.700.202)

found on this Adobe download Page?:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=JZEFT

OR are you talking about a previous version? I ask because you mentioned " archived"

Thanks

#4 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yes. If that doesn't work try uninstalling and reinstalling. I know sometimes using FF problems with Flashplayer have been resolved by resetting however your toolbars and extensions may be lost.

#5 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

Both of you have administrative privileges, correct.? Revert one of the accounts back to a regular user account. Then uninstall Flashplayer and then reinstall.You can uninstall by:> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Reinstall and see if it is working using http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html . Then change user account back to Administrator and re-check.

See if that works

#6 Johnny From Kentucky

Johnny From Kentucky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

Correct....both of our accounts have administrative privileges

Tried what you suggested above step by step and I experiounced the same result

Only one of our browsers is able to watch U-tube videos.
Only one flashplayer will work on one account and browser.

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it

Edited by Johnny From Kentucky, 02 June 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#7 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

Did you try D/L as administrator? Uninstall and then

Try to run the Flash installer as Administrator via the right-click context menu (Run as > Administrator).

Another possibility is that one account may have Administrative Access but not Permissions. That can be checked using Computer Management

Advanced Setings  User Profiles.

Also you may want to post here: http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

Try this if you haven't already: You can install the Adobe Flash Player Plug-in on Firefox, which is what you really want. BTW, it's already installed in IE.

In Firefox, click on the Tools Tab and choose Add-ons. Then, search for the Adobe Flash Player Plug-in, and install it

Edited by sikntired, 02 June 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#8 annaharris

annaharris

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

I downloaded this archived Flash Player plugin from Adobe website, does it provide administrative privileges for two or more user accounts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users