What was the language Windows was originally installed under? If it was Korean select that from the dropdown box.
You may not have sucessfully loaded the update for Windows Installer.
Try this and see if it cures your problem:
Windows Installer download
Windows 2000; Windows XP
WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe is the redistributable package for installing or upgrading Windows Installer.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en
If that doesn't resolve the problem try using Microsoft Updates instead of Windows Updates to update manually.
Update Your Files by Using Windows Update or by Using Microsoft Update
If you choose not to use Automatic Updates, you can still install specific updates from the Windows Update Web site or from the Microsoft Update Web site. Windows Update and Microsoft Update are catalogs of items such as drivers, security fixes, critical updates, the latest Help files, and Internet products that you can download to keep your computer up-to-date.
To update your system files with the latest critical updates by using the Windows Update Web site or by using the Microsoft Update Web site
, follow these steps:
1. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Windows Update.
3. Click Yes if you are prompted to install any required software
The Windows Update home page or the Microsoft Update home page appears.
4. Click Express Install (Recommended): High Priority Updates for Your Computer. Windows Update or Microsoft Update looks for any critical updates that are available for your computer.
Click change settings on the Microsoft Updates page:
(Change Settings -
Microsoft Update displays Web pages in the same language you use to view Windows. You can change the language you use to view Microsoft Update, but some pages might display information in more than one language.
Important: If you change the recommended language setting, you must install the corresponding language pack for Internet Explorer.)
5. Click Install to install all available critical updates.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306525/en-us