Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash/shockwave

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:04 AM

Hi Guys,

I've recently been to a website that required the newsest upgrade of Flash/Shockwave inorder for me to view its contents and offered me a link to upgrade it.
I followed the link where i was informed that the installation of both was successful.
When i tried to view the page agian, i got the same error.
I thought it might require a restart or something, and just passed it off for a day or two.
Now, in the last week, i've been viewing pages of all sorts telling me i need to have a newer version of Flash installed and again offering me the link, and have on more than one occasion followed it and been advised that the upgrade/intallation was succssful, yet not one single site i visit recognises this.

I'm baffled and frustrated at this stage ...

Anyone care to lend a helping hand ?
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:11 PM

You might want to read my similar post couple of days ago in the All Other Applications forum. Had the same thing going on. No matter how many time is reinstalled the latest player, sites wouldn't play their videos. The problem ended up being a Java problem (corrupt files), not a Flashplayer problem. Check it out. I'm sure an expert helper will be along soon to offer other advice in case your problem is not quite the same.
HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

#3 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

Nice one, thanks for that.
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

#4 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:54 PM

You're welcome. Don't know if it will help. I battled with this problem for two months and really got frustrated uninstalling/reinstalling everything to no avail. Now I'm watching videos and having no problems with Flashplayer or JavaScript at all.
HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users