Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get to my.msn.com from Outlook.com

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LMK5

LMK5

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

When in msn.com, I can access Outlook.com directly, however, once in Outlook.com I see no links that will get me back to msn.com! With the old hotmail.com, I could go directly to msn.com and back again seamlessly.

Am I missing something or did Microsoft drop another ball?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

Hi -

Have you listed hotmail.com and msn.com both in Favorites ? I use this area to switch Internet programs, and even forums at times.

I can have this forum open, and open a link to another program (eg. Yahoo email) without needing to log out and log back in. Since I follow at least 2 forums and still need to get to email, the Favorites area is well used -

Regards -

#3 LMK5

LMK5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Hi -

Have you listed hotmail.com and msn.com both in Favorites ? I use this area to switch Internet programs, and even forums at times.

I can have this forum open, and open a link to another program (eg. Yahoo email) without needing to log out and log back in. Since I follow at least 2 forums and still need to get to email, the Favorites area is well used -

Regards -

Thanks for the reply. Are you speaking of favorites for the browser or within Outlook.com? Are you saying that if you switch programs using browser favorites that you don't lose your login session? If so, is that really the only way to toggle between Outlook.com and MSN.com?

I guess I'm scratching my head because why would Microsoft provide such easy access to Outlook.com within MSN.com, but then have no way of getting you back to MSN.com within Outlook.com? I thought the whole purpose of these sites was to keep you within the "community" easily, in this case the Microsoft community. At this time I see no area within Outlook.com that links me to any of Microsoft's other sites.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hi -

My "Favorites" is on my toolbar at the top of the page in Internet Explorer. Firefox calls the same thing "Bookmarks".

This is the only toolbar I have at the top, and it basically offers me quick links to other sites that I use often.

All I need is that toolbar, as it shows File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help. I find all other toolbars are not needed.

I hope this explains my answer -

Thank You -

#5 LMK5

LMK5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Hi -

My "Favorites" is on my toolbar at the top of the page in Internet Explorer. Firefox calls the same thing "Bookmarks".

This is the only toolbar I have at the top, and it basically offers me quick links to other sites that I use often.

All I need is that toolbar, as it shows File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help. I find all other toolbars are not needed.

I hope this explains my answer -

Thank You -

Thanks for the reply. I see what you're saying. I just find it odd that you would need to do that just to toggle between 2 related sites of the same parent company, don't you? I also noticed the other day that when using Windows Live Photo Gallery and you double click on a photo, the photo comes up full screen. The problem is there is no icon or link to get you back to where you can see all of your other thumbnails. I made a lucky guess and hit the ESC key and that did it. Isn't that weird that in 2013 we're using the ESC key to navigate back? Why are they designing dead ends into their SW?.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users