Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jacksonbird03

jacksonbird03

• Banned Spammer
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

Hello everyone...

How are you all...

I have a problem with my Computer...

I have installed windows 7 in it along side with ubuntu 11.04.

Whenever I start my computer the fan starts  and make a horrible sound and shows a error message and when i restart my computer than the the sound stops and the computer works properly...

What should I do for that...

Edited by hamluis, 31 May 2013 - 09:35 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerTechGuy

ComputerTechGuy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

Clean the fan, check the fan ball bearings and gets some fan lubricant if the fan is to gone buy new one and install it also while you are at it update the thermal compound on the heat sink

and processor also clean the heat sink of any bust or dirt

I would recommend the thermal compound

Once completed check the power supply fan is moving correctly but don’t attempt to clean it yourself unless you are completely competent to do so as there is a lot of danger around the

power supply

Links

Cleaning the processor: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Applying+Thermal+Paste/744/1

Buying Compound: http://www.maplin.co.uk/antec-formula-7-nano-diamond-thermal-compound-629480

Cleaning the Fan: http://www.dansdata.com/fanmaint.htm

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

<<Whenever I start my computer the fan starts  and make a horrible sound and shows a error message and when i restart my computer than the the sound stops and the computer works properly.  What should I do for that...>>

I would, first, find out which fan (a typical desktop has several) is the one from which the noise emanates.  If it is indeed a fan.

That done...I would probably replace the fan, since the fan bearings are probably failing.

If the noise does not come from a fan...I'd take a different approach.

Louis

#4 jacksonbird03

jacksonbird03
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

Thank you all for your replies... :)

#5 aQuilla

aQuilla

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

Is it really loud enough to be considered as CPU fan? I know that noise like this could sometimes also be HDD problem. Mind you. How many fans do you have inside your CPU case? 

#6 jacksonbird03

jacksonbird03
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

Thank you aQuilla...

I have 3 phone inside the CPU case...

and I am not able to find out the problem..

#7 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

Hi

How did you put 3 Phone inside your system ?  :lmao:

I know you meant 3 fans instead. To figure out which one is causing the problem, try disconnecting one by one. First of all remove connections to the cabinet fans (extra fans). If the sound is still there, disconnect HDD and DVD drives. If none of them are the culprits, the sound should be coming from either CPU fan or SMPS.

Important - Touch your hand in an unpainted metal part of the case to discharge static electricity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users