Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Indexing Mapped network drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ijag7I

Ijag7I

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

Hi everyone

hoping someone can help me with this using windows 7 pro 64bit and need windows to index files on a local NAS for quick search i have tried unc add in but the one Microsoft has will work on 32bit but not 64 the only other option i have seen is enabling offline which isn't very practical spent about 8 hours on the phone to Microsoft trying to get them to help me if any one has any info on this i would be extremely grateful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerTechGuy

ComputerTechGuy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

you could check out this link it has quiet a lot of links and information about what you are trying to

achieve never had the nead for this so not to sure on the answer but I will look in to it for you I am at the CAB today so I will ask the main man how it is done.

Link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/thread/afb904c1-1c61-4aae-b6b1-5cf525b9f8de

Kind Regards

computerTechGuy

Edited by ComputerTechGuy, 31 May 2013 - 02:47 AM.

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

Following up on this, it might also be an access rights issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/how-do-i-add-network-drive-folders-to-a-library/e124aab8-169e-4dc9-8846-f3f0babb9f1e

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-networking/how-do-i-get-windows-search-to-index-a-folder-on-a/746cbda0-2de5-4414-ad4f-909d1b8c8e93

Hope these all help.

#4 Ijag7I

Ijag7I
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hi thanks for the responses unfortunately these options are not viable for me as they do not work in my particular case i have found and tried them before

i called Microsoftabout this problem and they couldn't be less helpful if they tried they told me it was possible but would not tell me how to do it for free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users