Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Verizon FIOS DSL SPEED acting weird?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nicole Alzamora

Nicole Alzamora

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

We have Verizon FIOS DSL I live with my sister there is about like five other laptops that run off of the same connection but no problem before with the other box we had the blue and black DSL modem and my brother n law got a deal and it said update five times faster witch is totally a lie, And it's a red and black colored box, DSL FIOS and ever sense that youtube has been extremely slow while loading in high quaility or even just regular normal speed loading the whole video, I noticed today when the telephone rings the home phone it cuts off the internet for about a minute and re connects it's so annoying sometimes I can't even log onto the homepage on my browser it will say internet connection error and I have to do a total system restart why does this happen?

(My computer is updated, no virus's or spyware, no maleware or adware, and I have firewall)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

I noticed today when the telephone rings the home phone it cuts off the internet for about a minute and re connects it's so annoying sometimes

Have you called your ISP regarding the situation? Most likely the DSL filter needs to be replaced and have them check also for any cable or modem problem and see if they can resolve your lagging problems.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users