Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Of Death!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MSSKRS

MSSKRS

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:31 AM

I've been searching for ages and i don't seem to be able to solve the problem...heres a screen shot of whats goin on:

It's located here as it won't let me load up!

http://oundequipment.fotopic.net/c922042.html

Any ideas please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:19 AM

Can you boot the computer in safe mode by hitting the F8 key repeatedly at bootup and making the proper selection from the list that presents itself?

If so, do a search for the file afd.sys. The Windows version resides in C:\Windows\System32\drivers If you find it in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 then it is probably malware and needs removal.

Another idea is to choose Last Known Good Configuration from the same list.

If you can't boot the computer, you could always take out the hard drive and install it in a second computer as a slave. Then you should be able to conduct a search on the hard drive, either automatically or manually.

That would be the first thing I would suspect. But there can be many causes. Do you have Sygate installed on this computer? If so, look to the makers of Sygate for the fix.

You can search Microsoft's Knowledge Base HERE.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:01 AM

Have you installed anything - either hardware or software just before the onset of this problem?

Can you pinpoint exactly when this first began?

If you can, the best and easiest way to resolve the problem would be to use the Windows System Restore utility to reset your computer to the system state that it was in before this problem began.

You access the Windows System Restore utility by clicking the start button, then programs>accessories>system tools>system restore and the System Restore wizard will give you the choice of restore points that have been saved. Since the default settings of System Restore set restore points automatically whenever you make changes to your system, unless you deleted them intentionally, there should be one predating the onset of the problem you are experiencing.

Use it - that is exactly what it is designed for.

Edited by Enthusiast, 13 April 2006 - 10:03 AM.

#4 MSSKRS

MSSKRS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:18 PM

Sorry for the slow reply but i've not been online much!

I only get afflicted by this problem occasionally it's just an annoying problem!

I have checked out the windows website and it ain't helping!

I think it may be DVD shrink 3.2....but it's an invaluble program for me!

I think i may just do a full format and reinstal Win XP pro.

hummmm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users