Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what are spiders

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Korin

Korin

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

can anybody tell me what spiders are

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dolby

Dolby

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

A program that automatically fetches Web pages. Spiders are used to feed pages to search engines. It's called a spider because it crawls over the Web. Another term for these programs is webcrawler.

Because most Web pages contain links to other pages, a spider can start almost anywhere. As soon as it sees a link to another page, it goes off and fetches it. Large search engines, like Alta Vista, have many spiders working in parallel.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/spider.html

...googleing it yourself is easier...

#3 Korin

Korin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

I coudln't find anything when I searched google so I asked here... so Web Crawler is same as Spider then? ok thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users