Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Security 2014 fake anti-malware; as an added bonus zero.access!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 loadblok

loadblok

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

IS 2014 showed up with its dire warning of errors and infections.  I ran MBAM-Chameleon (although it never finished the process where it killed suspicious processes); then MBAM quick scan which ID'd 3 infected files. Rebooted and ran MBAM full scan which came up clean.  Ran RogueKiller, which ID'd zero.access and pointed to CDROM.sys as obfuscated and suspicious.  Ran the RogueKiller delete process, and now the CD optical drive doesn't register with Windows XP (SP3).  Where should I go from here?

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

Please...follow Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .  Post the DDS log which is requested, along with your RogueKiller log...as a new topic in the forum which contains the Prep Guide.

Louis

#3 loadblok

loadblok
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for your quick reply! I have posted the DDS and RogueKiller logs in a new topic.  Just want to say the guides and advice from BC have been great. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users