Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mermaid BS

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Animal Planet is going to lose a lot of viewers for this bull, this is such a stupid hoax.

Hulk_Tag.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hispaladin

hispaladin

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

sadly I think you may very well be wrong, not about the bull and hoax part but about loosing viewers.  To many people will buy anything they see on TV if it came from a "credible" source like animal planet or the news  :wacko:.  

#3 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Damn, yeah I suppose that is a valid point. I should of rephrased that and said "I hope they lose a lot of viewers for this bull".

Hulk_Tag.png

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

They lost me as a regular viewer a few years ago when they turned into the River Monsters channel and aired shows that have nothing to do with animals. They used to have some excellent shows and documentaries. Animal Planet has lost it's main focus.

Can someone tell me what Ultimate Treehouses has to do with animals? What about Epic Log Homes?

Or Ice Cold Gold?

Animal Planet's ICE COLD GOLD spotlights a spirited team of miners who are among the first Americans to prospect for precious metals and gems in parts of Greenland where humans never have set foot before.

The six-part series follows eight men who leave behind their families, friends and homeland to strike it rich against all odds while struggling to survive against the harshest of conditions. Greenland's a veritable beast, but the motley crew of ICE COLD GOLD miners is up for the challenge. Each thinks he has what it takes to walk away with gold, rubies and sapphires before winter and large mining companies swoop in.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/ice-cold-gold/about-this-show/ice-cold-gold.htm

Every once in a while they do have a documentary or series such as North America that I will watch. Other than that I generally steer clear of Animal Planet.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 30 May 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#5 hispaladin

hispaladin

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

Ugh.. Reality TV seems to be taking over everything.  If I want reality I will go back to work, if I am going to watch TV I want to escape reality.

#6 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Ugh.. Reality TV seems to be taking over everything.  If I want reality I will go back to work, if I am going to watch TV I want to escape reality.

I second that.

Hulk_Tag.png

#7 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:25 PM

I second that.

I don't think work is reality when what we do drains us of what is good for us, i think it is fantasy trying to make it self real through the need for food and housing.

What i think is real is beauty, and i think all real beauty is justice to creation.

animal planet had a good start, but then came some violent stuff, that estranged us from nature  nature deficite dysorder is a real sickness, it estranges us from our selves and others, like crime, and it also is bad for our health, people who work on farms away from high EMF and have contact with animals have the lowest autisum asperger dysorder, mental illness, and ashma rates in the world.

In a ego busting report the nat. int. of health (USA) shocked the world when it said the best thing you can do for a new born baby

is go down to the dog pound, get a baby kitten and throw  it in the crib to sleep with the baby.

this cause 's "nature magnitude immune genisis" which most children are denied in urban settings, it is interesting that given a choice a dog will always drink creek water over bottled which is acidic and miniral leaching.

IMHO we are not just attracted to nature for our love of beauty, but our mental health and our physical health.

one leads to the other.

I have restored many mermaid pictures, it is a lovely fantasy, to love a woman, solely for love, as a mermaid can not mate with men, only be loved by them with hugs and affection.

which many men can not do, that is why this one if you look closely is crying, she knows men are not up to the task

this painting hangs in a public gallery and was painted in a time most folks were not so sex oriented as to see it as sexual.

john-william-waterhouse-a-mermaid-133977

NOTE CLOSELY she has a tear falling from left eye

I have a friend who makes 40,000 us a year as a pet therapist, no not for pets, she brings very friendly dogs and cats to head injured or emotionally broken folks to spend the night, to folks who have been hurt emotionally in heavy urbanized areas, most never come home to her again.

Mermaids fill a gap in our needs another way too i think, the deep of the sea is akin as so many therapists have pointed out, like that of the deep region of the mind, or a scary dark place, it is a kindness to sanitize scary places with angels of some type, under water wings would be of little use.

as for the above video, not one single person seeing it here knows for fact it is a fake, it would be egotistical

and mania to say you know for sure it is a fake, what can be said with great truth is some one wants you to believe it is real.

I do not "Believe it is"

but the healing effect of mermaids is very real, and softens our fear of the deep we can not see into except by a intuitive deepth of field that tells us it is there, lighting it up with mermaids just makes it less scary, as we need all the world to seem friendly. even santa clause lights up a dark chimmey, and taking care for that world feels good and is very real.

we need more then just each other, we need the whole nature wheel working in our lives, sometimes that means thining the deer population when they kill or put many in the hospital from jumping in front of cars.

it also means during drought filling the bird bath, with a little baking soda water, as wildlife gets a acid blood ph during droughts, this is the main reasons racoons get rabies, acid blood ph, rabies can not fester in 7.7 blood

Natures heals us, cause in our heart of hearts we know it is more dependable then the services of man to sustain us, nature says

the world is beautiful, in that i will serve you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, which means we are beautiful

When we profit from other activities that hurt nature we call posters like me a "tree hugger" to marginalize my worth and words.

4 days ago, i watched a hawk corner a baby squirrle at the top of 2 telephones poles placed close together, the hawk had a long wait, i decided not to interrupt this killing, then i got binoculares and saw the baby was very healthy, very small buck, maybe first day out of the nest, this changed my mind, this was not a wounded animal about to be eaten by a beautiful bird of pray that thins weak stock, it was a aggressive little bull dog.

I threw a hand ful of gravel at the hawk, it flew off, the baby stayed on the pole till dark and came down.

not the actions of a tree hugger, and i thank god for the buffulow meat i have access to, almost zero heart toxcicity.

I am glad to live with nature and not aganst it, i have a half white furred squirrel, very sweet and funny lookin, he waits for me to feed him, wet whole wheat bread with  fresh churrned peanut butter, many days I do not feed him, he must find his own.

years ago, when the waltons was the number one tv program in america there was another show called "marty stoffers wild kingdom"

he said, --i know folks starved for love want to make a "huggy bear" thing out of nature" that is not healthy, but in the balence we must admit, the majority of nature activity helps us reafirm our existence, and dispite the harsh side,                the birds sing most often to just sing, not even mate.

the following is one of many versions of that show, he marty stoffer, permits airing on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DNgg1j_3qM

jimbotoo :bubbles:

Edited by jimbotoo, 19 October 2014 - 07:16 AM.

#8 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:50 PM

Animal Planet is going to lose a lot of viewers for this bull, this is such a stupid hoax.

Even geeks need to have fun, Would have been a great April Fool's gag.

:hysterical:

Edited by NickAu1, 18 October 2014 - 11:53 PM.

#9 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:23 AM

They lost me as a regular viewer a few years ago when they turned into the River Monsters channel and aired shows that have nothing to do with animals. They used to have some excellent shows and documentaries. Animal Planet has lost it's main focus.

Can someone tell me what Ultimate Treehouses has to do with animals? What about Epic Log Homes?

Or Ice Cold Gold?

Animal Planet's ICE COLD GOLD spotlights a spirited team of miners who are among the first Americans to prospect for precious metals and gems in parts of Greenland where humans never have set foot before.

Every once in a while they do have a documentary or series such as North America that I will watch. Other than that I generally steer clear of Animal Planet.

I lived on 12 sq miles of cleared land, there was a tree house out in the middle, with solar power for the boom box sterio, after many months of zero news, I would go up in the tree house and lay on the bed, nothing in my life brought me closer to peace and calm as well as animals then this experiance.

birds had made nest in the tree house, they decided to trust me and fly in to feed their young as i laid on the bed, I am a child of the 60's, there is nothing that i have ever done to improve my self then lay quiet in that tree house and listen to soft music.

the peace was over whilming, I had never know such a thing existed,,,,,I found a silence in me that i never knew possible..

just the act of moving back to the city, wiped it out of me before my head hit the pillow the first night I slept urban.

I know now what neal young sang in lement, when he said about digital recordings, "I heard a perfect echo, disappere in a impersonal flat digital wall, it is a creation of man". nature is almost impossible to duplicate

some may not like this post, but how will we ever get better if we do not question what we do.

jimbotoo :hello:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users