Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI virus help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 baktanfuli

baktanfuli

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

I got the FBImoneypak virus, and its the nasty kind with no safemode options, but im not looking for help with removing it, at least not in the normal sense.

What im looking for is some help with what can be done to not get it, all i wanna do is surf my pr0n in peace

what ive noticed is that it always start with jp2launcher.exe (in the process tab), and im looking for some way to not allow it to run, unless i do something manually

ive looked into java settings, and the file itself, and i just cant seem to find any way to lock that file down, and prevent it from running, without preventing it from running ever

any IE10 settings that can be set to help against this type of virus? (please spare me any comments on "use X browser instead")

Also can someone explain to me, just how exactly windows can be so vulnerable that a virus can disable the safeboot option, and put it into a constant loop?

anyone found a way besides boot devices to beat the no safemode startup issue?, i heard someone say you have a splitsecond when using normal mode before the FBI screen comes up, but ive been unable to do anything in the very very short time you have.

Also this have been around for what, 2 years now, and its still alive and kicking, how can the security hole(s) its using not have been fixed yet?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

You answered your own question:

all i wanna do is surf my pr0n in peace

Stop and you'll be 95% safer.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users