Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1 day left for activation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 poptart3

poptart3

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:37 AM

I got Norton antivirus on my computer and downloaded the SP2. It tells me I have one day left to activate my windows. What does this mean ? Will windows shut down after this last day?

If I have SP2 do I need Norton ?

Oh when I click the box in the lower right corner (near the clock) the window comes up but has nothing in it.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Edited by poptart3, 17 November 2004 - 10:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:30 PM

Yes windows will not work properly. You should call microsoft and explain the problem...they may need to issue you another activiation code.

#3 JeanInMontana

JeanInMontana

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:57 PM

SP2 is not a substitute for antivirus by any means. You still need it and malware protection. In my opinion also you need another firewall because the SP2 one isn't any good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users