Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer stalls while preparing desktop!...someone please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1sjen

1sjen

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

computer sometimes will login normal, then once i open a browser window it goes to a black window then either reboots or shuts down on its own.

other times it just stalls while "preparing desktop"

My kids cannot login either to do there homework!

only way i can do any work is if i operate in safe mode which seems to get the job done for now.

Note: i've tried Malware bytes and Spybot.

I really need my computer back to normal....or even back to factory state if possible.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

1) Do you have an anti virus app installed? If so, have you run a full scan with it (neither MalwareBytes nor Spybot is an av).

2) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users