Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot save files to my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stevivoss

stevivoss

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

A few day ago i got one of the ransomware viruses which locked my computer. After removing it i am now unable to save files through internet explorer or firefox into any folder or my desktop.  I can still save files/applications through third party programs like Orbit that can grab the link. I've tried just about everything and read a ton of posts in which none help fix this problem.  Some suggestions i've used.. disable/unistall all antivirus, disable firewall, try downloading with differant browsers, cleanboot, system restore, complete virus scan with everything from combofix to malwarebytes, uac disable, and the windows vista startup recovery.  I believe that the process of downloading a file in windows has been corrupted or service/registy key deleted from removing the ransomware virus, any help would be appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 30 May 2013 - 02:21 PM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerTechGuy

ComputerTechGuy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

welcome to bleeping computer Forum,

please give more information I need to know your operating system, Virus you got , is there an error message or you just don't see anything after saving the file, what have you tried so far and what where the results of the malwarebutes scan. it could well be that there are some dead strings left in the pc that need removing but untill I get information in more depth I can not help you.

Kind Regards

ComputerTechGuy

#3 stevivoss

stevivoss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

I have windows vista and i had the fake fbi virus that locked up my desktop which im pretty sure i removed, as the results of malwarebytes and other scans show nothing.  There are no error messages when i download a file or application it just gets deleted/removed as it is completed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users