Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop not finding wireless networks anymore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CoolRanchTaco

CoolRanchTaco

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

This problem happened to occur specifically after I had taken my laptop (HP Pavilion dv5000) to my friend's place & connected to their 4G hotspot.

Then I go home & at first my computer recognizes my network & connects but it's not working out. So I reset the router, as usual, & now my laptop isn't finding ANY networks. Obviously have tried resetting router, laptop, etc. multiple times. Going into the network settings in control panel not offering any help...

What's the dealio?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masher92

masher92

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hi CoolRanchTaco,

Most laptops have a hardware switch to enable or disable the wireless.  To check this, there is usually an LED indicator for the wireless.  Can you see one on your laptop? I believe on HP laptops the LED shows blue if enabled or orange disabled.

It's been a while since I've seen a HP Pavilion DV5000 but I believe the wireless button just above the keyboard.

Can you confirm this buttons LED is blue ?

If it is orange, pushing the button should enable the wireless and turn the LED blue.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

#3 CoolRanchTaco

CoolRanchTaco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

I hate to admit it...but that actually was the problem, I feel silly. Haha thanks for the 'technical support'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users