Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Freezes with ASUS laptop running windows 8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BNDAZ

BNDAZ

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

My daughter has a 3 months old ASUSx55c-si30202m tht is runnign windows 8.  It was exhibiting some odd issues, so we did a factory reset which seems to have aleviated the issue for the most part but it still doesrandomly freeze, it seems to freeze now, only when she is playing world of warcraft.  I suspect a video driver issue.  Whe  she installed WOW the client instructed her to download and isntall the newest VIA driver ( Intel HD 3000 graphics). 

I did a little cheicng and it seems that ASUS installs their own video driver and changin it may create issues.

Is there and error log that can be examoned to determone what is causing the freezes?

Edited by BNDAZ, 29 May 2013 - 06:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

Hi

Here is the official minimum system requirement to play World of Warcraft  :

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/minimum-system-requirements-for-world-of-warcraft

According to the developers you should have at least 256MB NVidia or ATI card to play it on bare minimum frame rate.  NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT,ATI™ Radeon HD 4830 (512 MB) or better is required to play it with good frame rate.

Intel HD 3000 is no ware near to the minimum requirement. I am sorry to say it but i don't think you can play WOW in that laptop. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users