Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wierd I.E issue in Vista64

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BNDAZ

BNDAZ

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

VISTA 64 bit, trying to run IE i came across an odd thing happening, when i click on the IE icon( or IE 64 bit) from start/all programs, the window opens but a page never loads, just sits there trying to load, BUT if click on the start button and then click on the IE icon that is PINNED to the top of the menu, IE loads almost instantly.

properties of the offending icons"
start/ all programs/ Internet explorer "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
start/ all programs/ Internet explorer (64bit) "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Start/ (pinned to start menu) Internet Explorer does not allow me to right click and access properties.
I have reset IE to defaults still the same issue.
any thoughts?

Edited by BNDAZ, 29 May 2013 - 06:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masher92

masher92

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hi BNDAZ,

I can see the path for both these shortcurts in your post is "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer".

Usually I'd expect to see the path for the Internet Explorer icon to point to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer" and the Internet Explorer (64-BIT) to point to "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer".

Is this a typing mistake?

If this is not a typing mistake. Could you try the following for me?

• Close all open Internet Explorer windows.
  • Using Windows Explorer, browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer" and run iexplore.exe from this folder.
  • Close all open Internet Explorer windows again.
  • Using Windows Explorer, browse to "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer" and run iexplore.exe from this folder. 

Could you then let us know what happens when you do this?

Thank you.

Edited by masher92, 30 May 2013 - 02:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users