Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop battery charges every few seconds?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iruiruln

iruiruln

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

I have an ASUS K43U and since last week, the laptop battery would charge every few seconds. Charge, then stop, charge, then stop, and so on. I'm not sure what caused this. The laptop battery charges perfectly in the previous day, and in the next day when I turned it on, this problem started to happen.

It charged perfectly one day only, but now.. most unlikely to happen.

Can I solve this without having to get a new battery, or I will have to get a new one?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hi,

I am not clear about what you mean when you say the battery only charges every few seconds. Do you mean the charging light cycles on and off, or have you got a meter across it ?

I am not familiar with you laptop, but my wife has a Fujitsu and when the battery is charging the charge light, on the front edge, cycles on and off at a fairly slow rate, and goes to continuous 'On' when the battery is charged.

To put your mind at rest, ASUS specifies the output from your charger as 19V. If you test this with a volt meter with the lead unplugged you should get a slightly higher voltage which should be steady. If you get less than 19V, or the reading flickers on and off, then your charger may be faulty. It is highly unlikely to be your battery. Although one review I looked at said battery life on the K43U is not as good as some other laptops you should get between 2 and 3 hours use out of it. Unfortunately all Li-ion batteries lose efficiency over time, but until your battery life falls well below this, I wouldn't worry about the battery.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users