Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

kana reminder not stating at startup time

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 superqaz

superqaz

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

hi

i cant get kana reminder to start with the pc. its suppose to set itself up like that automatically. It did before
i have put a link to the program into the startup folder but all that happens is that the startup folder opens when the pc boots...thats not right

thanks mark

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hi,

Right click on either your 'Computer' icon on the desktop or on 'Computer' in the 'Start' menu, then click on 'Manage'. In the middle box of the three that appear, double click on 'Services and Applications'. Then double click on 'Services'.

This brings up a list of the services on your computer and states how they start. Scroll down this list to find Kana and see if it says, under 'Start-up Type' 'Automatic'. If it doesn't, double click on the line against 'Kana', and in the box that then appears change the start-up type to 'Automatic'. This should make it start when the computer boots.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 superqaz

superqaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

hi

thanks for responding

sorry, i should have said that afer the last install of it i did not place it in startup folder, maybe thats why i do not see it in "services". should i put it in this folder and if s how should this be done

update: i put a short cut into the "startup" folder but no luck.

i still cant find it in "services"

update: put another link into startup folder and its ok now...thanks very much

mark

Edited by superqaz, 02 June 2013 - 04:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users