Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop: C0000135 and Patch is preventing Windows from starting Errors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bryang317

bryang317

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hello BC community.

Looking for some help to see if I can repair a Win7 Ult. installation that is giving me the following BSOD;  "STOP:  C0000135.  The program can't start because %hs is missing from your computer."  Additionally, when I run the MIcrosoft Recovery, it states that "...a Patch is preventing Windows from starting."

This has been a stable installation for years.  But I did a recent batch of Windows patches that I believe is the cause.

I have already:

1. Attempted to boot to Safe Mode, Command Prompt, and LKGC unsuccessfully.
  2. I do not have a system restore point to revert to.
  3. Verified it's not AVG related.
  4. I replaced the HD with a known good one and cloned the drive with Acronis.  I just omitted the 100MB reserved system partition and I ran Bootrec /fixmbr /fixboot /rebuildbcd to get it attempting to boot correctly.
  5. Attempted to restore old registry hives from c:\windows\config\regback folder.
  6. Ran FRST64.exe (attached).
  7. Ran Kaspersky Rescue CD to scan for infections and came up clean.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate them greatly.

Thank you,

bg

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   69.48KB   1 downloads

Edited by bryang317, 29 May 2013 - 03:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users