Hello BC community.
Looking for some help to see if I can repair a Win7 Ult. installation that is giving me the following BSOD; "STOP: C0000135. The program can't start because %hs is missing from your computer." Additionally, when I run the MIcrosoft Recovery, it states that "...a Patch is preventing Windows from starting."
This has been a stable installation for years. But I did a recent batch of Windows patches that I believe is the cause.
I have already:
- Attempted to boot to Safe Mode, Command Prompt, and LKGC unsuccessfully.
- I do not have a system restore point to revert to.
- Verified it's not AVG related.
- I replaced the HD with a known good one and cloned the drive with Acronis. I just omitted the 100MB reserved system partition and I ran Bootrec /fixmbr /fixboot /rebuildbcd to get it attempting to boot correctly.
- Attempted to restore old registry hives from c:\windows\config\regback folder.
- Ran FRST64.exe (attached).
- Ran Kaspersky Rescue CD to scan for infections and came up clean.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate them greatly.
Edited by bryang317, 29 May 2013 - 03:24 PM.