Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Apps for Safara and Chrome

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Devdev

Devdev

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

:rolleyes:  I like to develop in java script and so I put a free web app for iPhone and Safari online on http://www.normatherm.com/kamin-webapp/index.html.

This webapp calculates the energy content of wood  :flame:

and directly compares with oil and gas :flame:. It should make clear to environmental interested fellows how much power can be gained through environmental heating.

(Unfortunately, the webapp does not work in explorer or firefox, with chrome and safari or iphone it works fine)

Are there for directories for web-apps where I can sign this tool? Something like dmoz.org for homepages?

The webapp directory of apple is apparently no longer maintained by Apple and the link to the German and French apple web apps page to login does not work or is no longer available on the English side.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

Safari is so good app i like it.

#3 Guest_philsmith_dot_com_*

Guest_philsmith_dot_com_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

:rolleyes:  I like to develop in java script and so I put a free web app for iPhone and Safari online on http://www.normatherm.com/kamin-webapp/index.html.

This webapp calculates the energy content of wood  :flame:

and directly compares with oil and gas :flame:. It should make clear to environmental interested fellows how much power can be gained through environmental heating.

(Unfortunately, the webapp does not work in explorer or firefox, with chrome and safari or iphone it works fine)

Are there for directories for web-apps where I can sign this tool? Something like dmoz.org for homepages?

The webapp directory of apple is apparently no longer maintained by Apple and the link to the German and French apple web apps page to login does not work or is no longer available on the English side.

What you've created with Dashcode is a widget. It runs on Chrome and Safari and mobile Safari because they're all (or were) Webkit browsers. That is, Google was using Apple's webkit as the base for Chrome. They've since split off (yet another web designer headache) but it still works. Explorer and Firefox have different engines, and it's not surprising it doesn't work. Signing is not your answer. You need to run your widget through Firebug (on Firefox), and correct the errors there. It's not going to be easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users