Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant get system properties by any means

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 zargonian

zargonian

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hello everyone,

Sorry new to this and I am not sure if I am doing this in the right place or in the right format.

I have been trying to get my system properties to show but cant get it.  I have been chatting to some people on Microsoft Community who have been helping me try to resolve this.  I have tried.

1. right click my computer

2. Control panal, System

3. Clicking sysdm.cpl in both C:\Windows\system32\dllcache and C:\Windows\system32

4. windows button and pause/break button

When this problem started and I was advised to download and run SAS and MBAM the scans showed the following

On SAS that I run there was

1 threat called pup.wamjam

On Mbam there were 9 threats,
           Adware.agent x3,
           pup.search ya x3
           pup.funmoods x3

I have also run chkdsk The results of the last one run

Checking file system on C:

The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.

Windows will now check the disk.                        

Cleaning up minor inconsistencies on the drive.

Cleaning up 5 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.

Cleaning up 5 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.

Cleaning up 5 unused security descriptors.

CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...

Usn Journal verification completed.

CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...

File data verification completed.

CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...

Free space verification is complete.

244187968 KB total disk space.

57206932 KB in 138575 files.

87576 KB in 18603 indexes.

4 KB in bad sectors.

414552 KB in use by the system.

65536 KB occupied by the log file.

186478904 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.

61046992 total allocation units on disk.

46619726 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:

80 8c 03 00 06 66 02 00 09 61 03 00 00 00 00 00  .....f...a......

b7 7d 00 00 04 00 00 00 76 02 00 00 00 00 00 00  .}......v.......

f0 af c7 06 00 00 00 00 1c 01 4e 71 00 00 00 00  ..........Nq....

ce 43 44 09 00 00 00 00 06 18 b1 ea 04 00 00 00  .CD.............

68 88 bf c4 08 00 00 00 46 4d 8f 3d 0e 00 00 00  h.......FM.=....

99 9e 36 00 00 00 00 00 98 38 07 00 4f 1d 02 00  ..6......8..O...

00 00 00 00 00 50 a2 a3 0d 00 00 00 ab 48 00 00  .....P.......H..

Windows has finished checking your disk.

Please wait while your computer restarts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

I have also reregistered the following

regsvr32 jscript.dll

regsvr32 nusrmgr.cpl

regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll  

regsvr32 themeui.dll

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

I have tried this also in Safe Mode and it as now been suggested taht I have a deeply embedded infection.

I am using at the moment windows firewall and Mircosoft Security Essentials but did use AVG and the Zone alarm.  Bothe the latter have been removed

Please is there anyone that can advise me further

Regards
Phil

Edited by hamluis, 29 May 2013 - 01:06 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysprop_to_view_system_properties.mspx?mfr=true
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 zargonian

zargonian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hiya,

Sorry, I dont think I eexplained my problem very well but below is what I have pasted from the kind people on Microsoft Forum.  I hope this explains it better.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-hardware/i-cant-get-system-properties-by-any-method/a46b276e-49de-46ab-a3a7-db98f2da202c

above is thread for reference to my problem, have run MBAM, SAS, and my current antivirus, all run clean, was referred to this forum, for the possibility of a deeply embedded infection.

As you can see in the thread, have tried every possible solution to restore system properties, this is my last resort before reinstalling the os.

Thank You.

Phil

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Hello Phil, in case it is a deep infection. We need you to repost this info with a DDS log. See steps 6,7 and 8.

Please follow this Preparation Guide.

Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 zargonian

zargonian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Hiya boopme,

I have followed the instructions to the best of my ability and re posted the thread will let you know how i get on when there is a reply

Thanks for your help

regards

Phil

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Thank you.

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.
From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.
Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRL Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.
The current wait time is 1 - 2 days and ALL logs are answered.
If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.
To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users