Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech Cordless Duo Mouse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:22 PM

I've had this set for several years now, but the keyboard is out of the picture. The reason being that a certain 2 year old spilled soda all over it. Well, back to the point. At random times of the day, the mouse pointer will get stuck in a little area of the sreen. No matter how much I move the mouse, the pointer will not move more than 1/4 of an inch and move back. I've moved the receiver everywhere and back, but to no avail. Is it possible that it's going bad? It's an optical mouse and it's an fairly new condition except the "skates" need replacing and the battery cover is missing.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:21 PM

Doesn't sound good. Do you have another mouse you could try? Might be that the RF receiver or transmitter is dying.

#3 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:59 PM

Sorry I took so long to reply. I got it... there was literally a layer of dust on the lens. I took a q-tip and dipped it in alcohol, then rubbed off the dust. The problem was gone, but another problem arose. I really need to clean the surface that I use for my mouse. I would ask to delete this post, but it could come in handy for other people with the same problem. :D

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:47 PM

Somethimes it can be the silliest of things :thumbsup:

#5 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:06 PM

And to think that I thought the mouse was going bad... haha.

- Rick Cook

#6 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:29 PM

BTW I love you avatar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users