Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need advice on buying the right computer i have a lot of specification

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clueless1117

clueless1117

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

I work from home taking inbound calls for a satellite TV provider and we are now transitioning to a different type of system and there are new pc requirements that my current pc no longer meets. can someone please give me a good suggestion on what make and model desktop or laptop I can get that meets these requirements, P.S  I’m looking for the absolute cheapest option and I live I Oklahoma city, ok I am willing to buy online and would appreciate any suggestions on legitimate financing options

• 3.0 GHZ Processor (minimum of a Pentium 4 processor or equivalent processor running at a clock speed of 3.0 GHZ)
  • 2 GB of RAM for Windows XP, Vista users* or Windows 7 users
  • 12 GB of Available Hard drive space
  • PC must have a vendor manufactured date less than six years in age as some older models are not compatible with our secure environment (Example: If today's date is 1/1/2012, the PC manufacture date should be no older than 1/1/2006)
  • Must have an available USB 2.0 port with all unnecessary peripheral items ( i.e. cameras, printers, game controllers, webcams, etc.) removed during work hours.
  • USB 3.0 ports are not supported.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueicetwice

blueicetwice

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Clue, try New Egg...It is a Favor Flav of many PC users, including myself...

http://www.newegg.com/Desktop-PCs/Category/ID-228

Report back to us and let us know what you purchased...

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

You could also call some computer shops in your area and ask what it would cost to custom build a desktop to your specifications.

It's an option worth exploring. You can compare prices and features of custom built and what you find online and decide which one is best for you.

#4 clueless1117

clueless1117
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

@ blue ice, good suggestion i forgot about new egg i have tried qvc and hsn because they have flex pay options and i am not trying to spend a big lump sum as this was unexxpected but i dont seem to see anything laptop or desktop with a 3.0 gzh processer for under $800.

@ queen e i have tried some of those computer shops but the problem is they can build the ultimate pc that would be perfect hardware wise but the shell they use is usually more than 6 years old and the test i have to run will detect that which is the problem with my current pc. even know it has been upgraded time and time again and is at tip top shape its manufacture date is 2006

#5 blueicetwice

blueicetwice

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Clue, this is for you...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883265510

Another thing, if you are not in a hurry you could buy and build the rig in three or four months...

You would wind up with a better preforming PC, if you built it yourself...They are not hard to build...

Dat is what I did...I created my own flex payment...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users