Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fan Running Computer Not Turning On

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 turtle0423

turtle0423

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

I have a Sony Vaio (different from the model I just previously posted on my other forum topic) and I seem to be having this problem for the second time. At some point my computer suddenly turns off and when I try to turn it back on, it does not turn on. The first time it happened I let all the battery power drain out for 2 days and then charged it and it worked.

This does not seem to work for the second case. I left my computer without the charger for about a day and a half but I still hear the fan running even if the computer doesn't turn on. I plug the charger in, the charger light comes up saying it's working but the computer fails to turn on.

Also, Vaio requires a screwdriver to open up the battery so I haven't tried it because I do not have the right tools. 

Could this be a problem with my hard drive?

Other things noticed about the computer

* blue screens when watching videos online, such as YouTube.

* tends to have very loud noise with the fan and heats up quickly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

Hi,

If the CPU fan isn't working correctly you will have all sorts of interesting things happening. There are safeguards built into the system to shut things down when overheating occurs. It sounds like this is what's happening to your system.

I'd be looking for a qualified technician to troubleshoot and quite repair costs as soon as possible. Continuing to run overheated can/will damage other components.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users