Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything Shows Up As PDF on Shortcut Link

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 turtle0423

turtle0423

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

This is for my sister's Sony Vaio. Apparently she had this virus for a while, which 

basically makes all the shortcut links on her start menu page show up as a pdf.

This prevented her from opening up anything from the start menu like the Microsoft Word, for example,

saying the file crashed and needs recovery of some sort... (not the exact words but it's something like that).

I had to use my old files that still work to use the Microsoft Word or use My Computer to get the things I need.

Could this be resulting from a virus? I looked this problem up on Google but I cannot seem to find a helpful result.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users