Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

searching for software audio controller for windows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hey guys,

Google is not being my friend on this... Watching some tutorial videos but am constantly irritated with crackling in the bad recording. Does anyone know a software application that can control the output audio in Windows, to give me tools like eq and x-crackle/x-noise type features. ?

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masher92

masher92

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Hi TsVk!,

What audio device driver are you currently using?

I know some audio drivers can provide more control over the sound with additional features such as an equalizer rather than using the default Windows drivers.  I'm not sure whether this is applicable to your sound card but could be a place to start.

Keep me posted on how you get on, it would be interesting to know if you find a third-party software that can do the things you require.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hi Masher,

the windows vm is running on legacy drivers... just off the internal sound. I don't even know what the motherboard is to be honest without looking, bet it has a good ol' soundblaster chip though, I just chucked the computer together with some bits lying around to do testing on.

kmix is driving my host audio from debian... there's plenty of levels to insert stuff if I can figure what.

will shout out if I find something.

#4 masher92

masher92

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

Hi TsVk!,

I've only briefly dabbled with Linux so you will know more than me when it comes to that side.

I wasn't aware that you were running Windows inside a VM.  What software are you using to host the VM? 

I know I had a similar issue from a Windows test machine I was running inside VMWare player but thought nothing off it, although I remember fixing it by accident whilst troubleshooting another issue. I'll see if I can find my notes on this.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users