Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB devices not recognized in XP but no problem in DOS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bobny11901

bobny11901

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

I have 3 machines, all with the same motherboards, memory and xp 3. One of them does not see USB memory sticks in Windows. It makes that ding-dong sound that it recognizes a device but a window does not open showing it being installed. No drive letter is assigned in Windows. In Drive Manager, it is identified but not accessible. The only place it is visable and usable is in DOS. Any thoughts would be appreciated on this issue. I have the lastest and greatest driver updates, I "simonize" and "glominate" the hard drive regularly, etc. etc. Thank You.

MSI MS-7529 G31TM-P21 MotherBoard Intel G31

4 gig ram

xp pro 3

Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz/6M/1333MHz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users